Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Buyers not paying

Default Re: Buyers not paying

with immediate payment, if they do not pay immediately the item would remain available for sell & not be removed to have to relist & wait to get fvf credit.

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think this is common on all sites.
    How long did you wait? I usually wait about 10 days or so.

Fail...lol

Forum Newbie
    View jenmay21's Feedback (+1)
    All-About jenmay21
    View jenmay21's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well I registered because I wanted to purchase an item on here, I managed to buy it and now they are asking me to upload documents to verify my account. I only wanted to purchase one item here and am not about to go to all that hassle. Now I cant pay for my item because I cant access it! Maybe other buyers feel the same!

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

Jenmay - Really? ! I have had some people come over when I left the Bay and follow me here and I never heard of them having any problems signing up simply as buyers... Granted I signed up here - originally as a buyer - yonks ago, so things may have changed, but that does suprise me that you are being asked for documents etc for a buyer account? Double check with support@ebid.net.

Forum Newbie
    View jenmay21's Feedback (+1)
    All-About jenmay21
    View jenmay21's Listings
    Forum Posts

I cant be bothered with all that who would? I dont have a scanner so I cant upload documents. I am just trying to explain the problems buyers may have here. Good luck to you all!

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jenmay21 View Post
    Well I registered because I wanted to purchase an item on here, I managed to buy it and now they are asking me to upload documents to verify my account. I only wanted to purchase one item here and am not about to go to all that hassle. Now I cant pay for my item because I cant access it! Maybe other buyers feel the same!
    This is now an on-going problem with eBid. I recently read in the paper that shoppers online are put off buying an item when they have to fill in endless information and upload proof of ID etc. I have recently sold 2 items to someone and they cannot pay because they cannot access their account because their username is crossed out, no longer active blah, blah no doubt for eBid's stupidity from wanting buyers to fill in endless forms and upload proof of id etc. You do not have to do all this nonsense when shopping online with boots, argos, ASDA, toys r us etc. so why the hassle for buyers on an auction site? They do not have to go through this nonsense on FeeBay or Amazon. I have lost out of 2 sales this year to two different customers (both multiple items bought) and I have missed out on those sales because of eBid's silly form filling and ID requests. eBid needs to get it's act together - we suffer a massive lack of sales as it is due to their sheer lack of advertising while they mess about with silly little gimmicks that only reach a handful people and what sales we do get we lose out on because of nonsense form filling and id requests for buyers just because they may have bought more than one item at once form same seller or have bought a particularly expensive item. It's as if eBid doesn't want anyone selling anything here!
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

It does seem like it would benefit eBid to give sellers the option to require immediate payment or payment with order when using fixed price listings. While it may not be feasible for auctions, there should be no reason to delay paying in cases where the buyer, in essence, controls the time they place their order.

Of course, it might also be a good idea for eBid to look into re-vamping the procedure for getting FVF's back after a non-paying bidder. The system, as it stands now, is somewhat cumbersome and time consuming, in my opinion.

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

This is something that really isn't worth letting yourself get worked up over....the easiest thing to do is to send the required number of invoices /reminders, from there if nothing materialises then simply report as a none payer and lastly leave appropriate feedback.

The problem with requiring immediate payment is that wouldn't this create problems when a buyer needs to request a reduced total due to shipping discounts and so on?.

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm not sure I agree with it not being worth getting worked up over. As they say, time is money and the sending of three invoices three days apart certainly eats up a bit of time. Especially during the holiday selling season.

Thread Information