Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Feedback or lack of it?

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Feedback or lack of it?

Quote Originally Posted by darklisruthven View Post
    As a seller, I get less than 50% feedback despite the fact I always leave feeback buying and selling. It is not something I stress about too much. I have a occasional passing grumble to myself, and that is all.

Agreed with Cerealmunkee
    Ditto this. As Annie said, you can always request fb.

Agree with Bill, have always received fb from sellers on eBid and even a majority of buyers, too.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Forum Saint
    Kingswinford, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View crafters_corner_2's Feedback (+327)
    All-About crafters_corner_2
    View crafters_corner_2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Not a good idea IMO. If, for some reason, I didn't want to leave feedback, a request for some would probably reflect the imposition. Which I feel it is.

Forum Lurker tkauctionworldwide's Avatar
    Rhondda Cynon Taf S. Wales, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View tkauctionworldwide's Feedback (+2593)
    All-About tkauctionworldwide
    View tkauctionworldwide's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kazeran View Post
    I agree, I would rather have sales than feedback.
    I would also prefer sales than fb, but can understand why Macbeth would want some fb being a newbie seller.
    Once you have some established fb the future fb is not so important although good to have.
    Newbie sellers would like to have some fb to show potential buyers they can be trusted.
    I know I felt fb was essential when I first came to ebid to sell, now more relaxed about wether buyers leave it or not.

View sucadot's Feedback (+845)
    All-About sucadot
    View sucadot's Listings
    Forum Posts

I brought a newbie over here to buy an item, she later emailed to say she was pleased with it and enquired about buying a couple more things.

When I asked her about leaving feedback she said she'd already done so - turns out she'd left it as a reply comment to my feedback!
    [SIGPIC]
    view my listings here

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am one of those dasdardly sellers that leave feedback after I have received feedback from the customer.
    I don't want to get into the long debate/lecture about buyer/seller responsibilities, its just the way I work. If I get feedback to say all is well then I always leave feedback in return. If the buyer does not leave feedback that may be an indication that they also do not want feedback (It happens to be a regular request on my other site). I don't want to force anything on to anyone.
    This is an interesting response, as it sheds a bit of light on several sellers who voiced this approach, but in stronger terms. It is also the reason why I'm willing to leave feedback for a seller first. Some sellers have had less than perfect transactions with buyers and the feedback process else where, etc. I want them to know that the item was received, and I'm pleased with the purchase. Most will leave me feedback also.

I must admit, if I leave a seller feedback first, and they do not leave me feedback; I won't ask for the feedback, but I won't buy from them again. This does bother me, but I will not say anything to the seller about it.

I think that just like people themselves, the way feedback is perceived and left is basically a choice of taste.
    How you leave feedback is an individual choice. As a seller I always leave feedback, without fail, once a customer has signalled to me that they are happy, I see it as metaphysically closing a book on the sale.
    I agree that each person should have choice in the matter of how to leave feedback. As a seller I choose to leave feedback immediately after a payment clears. Is my way of thanking the buyer for doing business with me. If a buyer does not leave me feedback in return, I do not worry about it or get upset. Many buyers do not leave feedback. See it sort of like a brick & mortar business. Most business people in that setting say thank you, as soon as the buyer has paid. The buyer may or may not respond in that setting, but they have fulfilled their responsibility.

Feedback can be adjusted here if circumstances of the transaction change. So I'm comfortable leaving feedback first as a buyer or a seller.

View kazeran's Feedback (+7908)
    All-About kazeran
    View kazeran's Listings
    Forum Posts

I Have had instances in the past where a buyer does not want feedback. There are many reasons for this. One customer did not want his wife to know what he bought, another did not want his friends to know what he bought, I have even had one lady who said she was (as a personal challenge) deliberately trying to keep he feedback as low as possible? takes all sorts
    If I had left these customers feedback, I would have upset them, sometimes you just cannot win.

I Have had instances in the past where a buyer does not want feedback. There are many reasons for this. One customer did not want his wife to know what he bought, another did not want his friends to know what he bought, I have even had one lady who said she was (as a personal challenge) deliberately trying to keep he feedback as low as possible? takes all sorts
    If I had left these customers feedback, I would have upset them, sometimes you just cannot win.
    IMO these are weak reasons to not leave feedback for your buyers when theyve done their part. I mean do you really think there are a lot of buyers out there on a mission to keep their feedback low? They pay I leave it. It shows the buyer you are on top of the transaction and appreciate being paid.

View kazeran's Feedback (+7908)
    All-About kazeran
    View kazeran's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bringinitback4less View Post
    IMO these are weak reasons to not leave feedback for your buyers when theyve done their part. I mean do you really think there are a lot of buyers out there on a mission to keep their feedback low? They pay I leave it. It shows the buyer you are on top of the transaction and appreciate being paid.
    It was an example, not the norm.
    Weak or no, I manage to struggle along.

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    This is an interesting response, as it sheds a bit of light on several sellers who voiced this approach, but in stronger terms. It is also the reason why I'm willing to leave feedback for a seller first. Some sellers have had less than perfect transactions with buyers and the feedback process else where, etc. I want them to know that the item was received, and I'm pleased with the purchase. Most will leave me feedback also.

I must admit, if I leave a seller feedback first, and they do not leave me feedback; I won't ask for the feedback, but I won't buy from them again. This does bother me, but I will not say anything to the seller about it.

I agree that each person should have choice in the matter of how to leave feedback. As a seller I choose to leave feedback immediately after a payment clears. Is my way of thanking the buyer for doing business with me. If a buyer does not leave me feedback in return, I do not worry about it or get upset. Many buyers do not leave feedback. See it sort of like a brick & mortar business. Most business people in that setting say thank you, as soon as the buyer has paid. The buyer may or may not respond in that setting, but they have fulfilled their responsibility.

Feedback can be adjusted here if circumstances of the transaction change. So I'm comfortable leaving feedback first as a buyer or a seller.
    I agree. I always leave feedback for a buyer upon completion of their part of the bargain... i.e. cleared payment received. If they leave feedback for me fine, if they don't, I don't worry about it but I know what the OP means, when you are starting out, you actively WANT feedback to be left so you can build up your score.

What I don't like is feedback being requested by a seller.... I know some time ago Ebid set up an automatic feedback request to be sent out to members who had not left any for a seller... is that still the case? In my view this practice is counter productive and can easily annoy a buyer so much that they will not return to the site (or the store in question).

Vintage postcards bought and sold
    Established internet postcard trader since 2004
    and we now have an Ebid book store (mainly non fiction)

Our Stores: http://oldpostcards.ebid.net/
    http://books4sale.ebid.net/

All About Me: http://uk.ebid.net/users/OldPostcards

Feedback can be found on Google searches. This is a bonus to me, just that little chance that they could find it by mistake and then click to eBid (which has happened several times)

Now to me leaving feedback for a buyer is just polite after they have paid. (not saying it's not polite to leave feedback for a buyer, but would you not say thank you to a customer in a B&M shop?)

Likewise I think it's important (and now needed to get a FVF refund) to leave a negative for NPB's, after all would you not press charges on a person going into a B&M store and then not pay?

Thread Information