Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Reply to phone number thread

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Reply to phone number thread

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    If buying from US sellers means that my phone number or email address has to be displayed on any package for anyone to see, that means that I will not be buying from US sellers in the future. I am tired of the USA thinking it owns the world.
    Hi Tony, I do not care for the idea of the information display either. Last time I shipped internationally, I used the CN22 forms dated Dec 2009. The December form did not ask for the information, but the updated form ask for the information. The instruction form includes First Class International, Priority, and Express.

Although some post offices may use the old forms, and some may say that certain information is not required in some cases, I do not like seeing the information in the box of the new form. Enforcement may vary from place to place, but that could get expensive if package returned for lack of information. A few posters have already stated this has happened to them.

As a precautionary step, I have removed international shipping option from all listings that would require a customs form. That is about all of them, except things like stamps, photos, or cards. I will be watching this as it develops. I also will not be making purchases internationally until this "new demand" for information and its effects are more transparent.

As far as "the way the USA thinks they own the world"........I am not too sure about that, so lighten up.

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    Tony doesn't want his email address shown either.
    That doesn't have to be on there either unless it is express mail, sorry to burst your bubble but the box that says phone/fax or email is only required on express mail.

Once again in all the years i have sent priority international mail I have never had to put phone/fax or email on the forum.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

To date I have never had to include telephone number, fax, or email address on the customs form. The main reason was, it was never requested or listed on the older forms. The OP mentioned a shipping company requiring the information; but NSA was mentioned as requiring the information in another post.

I see a quantum leap in a form not requesting information, to a new form including the requested information as a line item. Potential changes in policies could easily transform the line item "request" for the information, to become "a requirement" for all classes of service using the updated form. This is a new day, things are changing rapidly, so watchfulness is appropriate.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HaleysComics View Post
    That doesn't have to be on there either unless it is express mail, sorry to burst your bubble but the box that says phone/fax or email is only required on express mail.

Once again in all the years i have sent priority international mail I have never had to put phone/fax or email on the forum.
    Bubble not bursted, no worries. Try UPS or Fed Ex andas you mention USPS Express.

If a sseller ships as mentioned above this info is required period.
    As I have stated previously, whether or not the info is "required" there is a space for it.
    Will this info aid in delivery if a problem arises? Yes I'm sure it will. Would I ever be bothered by a Postal employee obtaining my email address or phone number from a Customs Form? No I'm not that paranoid. Do our governments have the ability to track us almost every minute of the day? I believe they do but not a lot we can do about it other than live in a cave.

Thread Information