eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Repatoo

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Repatoo

I think I am going to drop support for Repatoo. Since they became a subscription service the standard of service seems to have gone downhill, and the wait time for the site to respond to a badge request often seem to extend a page's load time far too much (forever seeing 'Waiting for www.repatoo.com...' in the status bar)

Mind you...I did go off them a bit when my previous voluntary donation wasn't counted when subscriptions came in (even though it was more than twice what the subscription was).

Will delete the badges from my listings and the info from my Knowledge Base.

Anyone want to leap to their defence?

Default Re: Repatoo

Since I now have a fair amount of eBid feedback I would like to know how to take the imported feedback off my count. For a day or two I will look naked but I will get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by dardonboi View Post
    Since I now have a fair amount of eBid feedback I would like to know how to take the imported feedback off my count. For a day or two I will look naked but I will get used to it.
    Just email support and ask them to do it. I removed my imported feedback some time ago. Now my feedback is 100% eBid and I've never looked back.

@Astral I have no regrets parting ways from Repatoo if that helps at all

Go n-éir?* an bóthar leat!

Visit my woodcraft shop today, click here.

There's no better gift than something handmade!

Join eBid.net today here

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lodegrundrunner View Post
    Just email support and ask them to do it. I removed my imported feedback some time ago. Now my feedback is 100% eBid and I've never looked back.
    I did the same once my feedback here got to a level that meant people could see I had a good track record here.

So all my feedback shown here is from eBid (mostly from buying)

Just curious to know what other eBid sellers have experienced with the percentage of buyers actually leaving feedback for their purchases. The general consensus over on the Bay is that roughly 50% of buyers there actually ever leave their feedback for sellers. What are sellers here seeing from buyers?
    Low Prices on Brand New Top Quality Luggage, Leathers, Bags, Cookware and more!!

Click The Banner Below To Our "All About" Page And Find All Our Clickable Store Links There

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TreasureLoft View Post
    Just curious to know what other eBid sellers have experienced with the percentage of buyers actually leaving feedback for their purchases. The general consensus over on the Bay is that roughly 50% of buyers there actually ever leave their feedback for sellers. What are sellers here seeing from buyers?
    It's been my experience here that 30% don't leave feedback.
    I'm surprised at the 50% negative figure at the other place.

Getting back to the OP's question, I'd be surprised if anyone wants to defend repatoo.

I was looking at my 'about me' with a view to updating, and clicked on the repatoo link, and it took me to the front page of amazon (and I didn't have a brown paper bag handy).

I wondered if perhaps the domain had expired and was owned by amazon or an associated company, and tried the home page. I accepted the certificate that my browser said was expired or invalid. The browser then said that the certificate was not recognised by its alleged issuer and could be a forgery and warned about malicious stuff.

My profile seemed to have correct info, which reassured me that it was the 'real' site, but then it's not at all good news if the site has been hijacked. I edited it to remove all but the barest personal data, and when I submitted, it hung.

After the home page then timed out repeatedly, eventually I reached it in a different browser, and when I put my ID in, it says it's fetching the data but then goes back to the home page. (Previously, it did show my ratings on 3 sites.)

With all the problems I've seen plus the payment issue (home page still promotes 'a FREE Repatoo
    account') and other stuff I've not mentioned, I'm sure astral made a good decision and I'm deleting them.

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Amazon Web Services AWS) is a cloud hosting facility that many businesses use.

Have you ever checked the Bulk Upload Link URL of your images in eBid My Gallery?
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

I have indeed noticed that ebid houses item photos with those people.

Are you suggesting that there is a connection with my repatoo feedback link redirecting to the amazon home page?

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am not too techie, but maybe you have an outdated link that has been redirected because Repatoo could have changed hosts from AWS to a new one?
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Thread Information