eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Importing feedback from other sites

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Importing feedback from other sites

Some time ago, I read that Ebay were discontinuing member's Me Pages. To be able to import FB from there to eBid, you needed to place a code # onto your Ebay Me Page (if I remember correctly) - I read nothing about Ebay blocking FB to other sites, so not sure what is going to happen now. It's best to contact support@ebid.net and ask them for any updates etc.

Quote Originally Posted by dagent.geo View Post
    Just a final check here... I'm pretty new to ebid but am I right in assuming after reading most of this thread that the folks at the "Bay" have effectively shut down the ability to import feedback from them to eBid?

If so how come some sort of disclaimer hasn't been added to the Import Feedback page here? This is kind of misleading. One of the major reasons I came to eBid was that I read about the Feedback Import from the Bay. It wasn't till after I read the forums that I started to suspect that it's not going to happen.

Thanks for the reply Jewel. I still have access to my Bay About Me page and I followed the instructions with the code about a week and half (maybe two weeks now) ago... I haven't heard anything from eBid about it!?!?

I contacted support and maybe I will get an answer.

Please don't kill me mods "cringes"

http://www.ebay.com/usr/s-blaze (My About Me Page)

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

I read somewhere that Ebay Me pages will not be editable any more and that they will be discontinued in early summer.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/About-.../td-p/19267975
    Last edited by jeweleffects; 25th March 2014 at 09:38 PM.

Forum Newbie
    View verynicestuff's Feedback (+322)
    All-About verynicestuff
    View verynicestuff's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just a final check here... I'm pretty new to ebid but am I right in assuming after reading most of this thread that the folks at the "Bay" have effectively shut down the ability to import feedback from them to eBid?

If so how come some sort of disclaimer hasn't been added to the Import Feedback page here? This is kind of misleading. One of the major reasons I came to eBid was that I read about the Feedback Import from the Bay. It wasn't till after I read the forums that I started to suspect that it's not going to happen.

Ebay is not stopping anyone from importing feedback. I hate "crazyfeebay" but I will not lie on them. I just imported my feedback from there to Ioffer. So it is the ebid system that needs to find another way to import the feedback. At ioffer they have a link that says transfer feedback and items, you click on that and its done. The thing is, they the don't allow the feedback to show upfront so i dont know why they even do it. The customer have to click on your user name to see the feedback. the feedback score that shows for me is still zero but when my user name is clicked you can see that i have 300 plus feedback "elsewhere"
    so there at ioffer it looks as if i dont have any feedback anyway. kinda silly. Anyway Ebid needs to find another way to import the feedback.

Thumbs down Re: Importing feedback from other sites

I just got my reply back from eBid tech support about my feedback import. I will include an excerpt from the email...

EXCERPT....

Hi dagent.geo,

We are sorry but we are unable to import your feedback rating.

To import feedback, we require a Seller Feedback score of 10+ in the last 12 months, unfortunately your feedback only shows a score of 1 in the last 12 months.

END EXCERPT....

Ok.... before I get off on my rant.. and OH YES THERE WILL BE A RANT... I want to say that if this is not possible for technical reasons... I'll eat my words. Seriously? NO WHERE does it state that I have to do this before I can have my feedback imported on this site! Are they aware that they are saying I have to do MORE BUSINESS with their competition before I get fed up enough with them to get my feedback added here?

This site is not run in a professional manner AT ALL!!! They advertise things they can not deliver like now defunct Google CheckOut. They offer T-Shirts if you buy SELLER+ but when you do they do not ask you for a size and only agree to ship it once you contact them. They put stipulations on their, "feedback import" that are not clearly defined on the site before hand.

Is this how businesses are run in the U.K.? Here we just call it false advertising and fraud and generally the Securities and Exchange Commission gets involved. At the very least the Better Business Bureau would have a field day!

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

That indeed does seem very odd. I've never heard of it before, and I'm pretty sure that it didn't apply when I imported my feedback; I don't even think I had the sales there at the time to garner that level of feedback in the prior 12 months.

So they are saying that only feedback earned in the prior 12 months is valid? In that case it would be that only the prior 12 months feedback is valid for import. That is certainly not what happens (or at least what has happened to date).

It is easy to see your total feedback, all of which reflects your selling performance. If this is indeed a newly adopted policy I agree it is not acceptable.

As for the Google Checkout matter, this has been raised before with no action to correct it by eBid. Getting them to do simple site corrections (those that require no coding - just editing/deletion of text or UI tweaking) seems to be nigh on impossible.

The above applies also to the T-shirt issue. It has been raised many times before and a simple change to the help file (or an email on upgrade) would clarify the need to furnish eBid with the size required. While clearly admin are not psychic, many users do need to have things spelled out to them that they need to furnish such information.
    Last edited by astral276; 26th March 2014 at 01:13 PM.

I just got my reply back from eBid tech support about my feedback import. I will include an excerpt from the email...

EXCERPT....

Hi dagent.geo,

We are sorry but we are unable to import your feedback rating.

To import feedback, we require a Seller Feedback score of 10+ in the last 12 months, unfortunately your feedback only shows a score of 1 in the last 12 months.

END EXCERPT....

Ok.... before I get off on my rant.. and OH YES THERE WILL BE A RANT... I want to say that if this is not possible for technical reasons... I'll eat my words. Seriously? NO WHERE does it state that I have to do this before I can have my feedback imported on this site! Are they aware that they are saying I have to do MORE BUSINESS with their competition before I get fed up enough with them to get my feedback added here?

This site is not run in a professional manner AT ALL!!! They advertise things they can not deliver like now defunct Google CheckOut. They offer T-Shirts if you buy SELLER+ but when you do they do not ask you for a size and only agree to ship it once you contact them. They put stipulations on their, "feedback import" that are not clearly defined on the site before hand.

Is this how businesses are run in the U.K.? Here we just call it false advertising and fraud and generally the Securities and Exchange Commission gets involved. At the very least the Better Business Bureau would have a field day!
    So being extremely upset about this I sent another response to eBid...

To eBid Support,

Thanks for shipping out the shirt promptly. I have some concerns I wish to address about eBid. I would like you to see how my impression of your business is changing in the hopes that others will not have the same experience.

I came to eBid a few weeks ago very optimistic because of reading a few blogs about the site. One of the major selling points was that I could continue my reputation I have worked many years to build on eBay. So once I get to ebid and get an account created I see you are running a March special!

So far I have invested 49.99$ (USD) in a SELLER+ account because I figured I would be doing auctions over the years and it would be nice to have certain fees waved (thinking it would pay off in the long run). After all that is one of the reasons I choose not to use eBay anymore. The T-Shirt did not really play into the decision to get the account.

The fact that I had to contact someone @ eBid to find out about the shirt and to get it shipped out is a negative. If you are going to offer something like that then the site needs to have some sort of processing method so that people do not have to contact you and for a lack of a better way to put it, "it doesn't fall through the crack."

To illustrate the second point of why my opinion in eBid has been declined just a bit is best illustrated in a thread on the forums. It highlights a discovery I made on the site that probably should be addressed soon.

http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...pancy-(Google)

Next, I want to address the Feedback Import Issue. I would like to point out the fact that no where on your site do you state any conditions that a person must meet to have their feedback imported... other than to apply the code to the other site's about me page and submit the link via the eBid forum. If you have pre-stated caveats then I understand and I would have no problem with your decision not to import my feedback. You do not. This is very unprofessional.

Lastly, the why my feedback can not be imported. Are you really saying that I need to have done more business with your competition in the last 12 month period for you to take my feedback serious.
    Here was their reply and I can honestly say I'm placated.

Hi John,

Thank you for the time taken to bring these issues to our attention.

We do have an automated option to request a T Shirt when subscribing for the lifetime option. We have advised our technical team who are checking to see if there was a possible problem when the subscription was made.

We have also advised our technical team regarding the Google Checkout reference.

We have imported your feedback rating as requested. One of the problems of reviewing feedback over 12 months old is that you do not get a complete overview of any negative feedback that may have been incurred.

We do try to answer all customer concerns in a timely manner and rectify any problems as soon as possible.

Best Wishes
    eBid Support Team

Hi!
    I have just opened an account and asked for my 1,500+ positive feedbacks to be shown after my name. It was done within 1 hour. I don`t know how far back they go but not much further than a couple of years, I think. I don`t know wether this will help my sales as I haven`t started listing yet, but I don`t think it makes too much difference on relatively small value sales. After all, if you are only risking a few pounds or dollars, you aren`t that fussed.

Forum Newbie
    View universe95's Feedback (+1325)
    All-About universe95
    View universe95's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi i have just signed up for this site about a week ago from ebay and straight away i went to seller+ i have been looking at the importing feedback which i have about 1350 feedbacks to import but no matter what i do with the code i cannot seem to find anywhere to put it on ebay can anyone please tell me if i can get them some other way please.

Cheers Ron

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by universe95 View Post
    Hi i have just signed up for this site about a week ago from ebay and straight away i went to seller+ i have been looking at the importing feedback which i have about 1350 feedbacks to import but no matter what i do with the code i cannot seem to find anywhere to put it on ebay
    You should be able to add the code to your Profile page.

Thread Information