Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Items Being Removed After Sale

Default Items Being Removed After Sale

In an effort to drive buyers to eBid, I opened an account with Pinterest. The problems started almost immediately. First, I had an item removed because of "Infringement on Intellectual Property". This was suspicious since I had two items from the same designer and only one was removed. On March 27, it appeared that an item of coin beads had been sold. At the same time I received an email that the bid on the auction had been removed due to our concerns over the bidders intentions and that I should relist the item. The item has completely disappeared from my eBid account. It never showed up as receiving a bid; it is just gone - photos and description. Also on that date the same thing happened with a pumpkin face night light. Completely gone. No trace of it ever being on eBid. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Since it started only after registering with Pinterest, I have to assume there is some connection. If so, I will definitely cancel my registration with Pinterest. I would appreciate any advice.
    Last edited by greatlakestate; 28th March 2014 at 01:25 PM.

Forum Lurker
    All-About eBidSocial
    View eBidSocial's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Items Being Removed After Sale

There is no connection between Pinterest and eBid in this way, best to contact support@ebid.net
    Dean

Appreciate your response. Thanks.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10051)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Look at thread about eBid closing sales in The Kitchen Table. All about false buyer. All praise to eBid for acting.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by greatlakestate View Post
    In an effort to drive buyers to eBid, I opened an account with Pinterest. The problems started almost immediately. First, I had an item removed because of "Infringement on Intellectual Property". This was suspicious since I had two items from the same designer and only one was removed. On March 27, it appeared that an item of coin beads had been sold. At the same time I received an email that the bid on the auction had been removed due to our concerns over the bidders intentions and that I should relist the item. The item has completely disappeared from my eBid account. It never showed up as receiving a bid; it is just gone - photos and description. Also on that date the same thing happened with a pumpkin face night light. Completely gone. No trace of it ever being on eBid. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Since it started only after registering with Pinterest, I have to assume there is some connection. If so, I will definitely cancel my registration with Pinterest. I would appreciate any advice.
    Had an issue with Pinterest Board couple weeks ago I think, where a photo I had taken was credited to a corporate entity. I discovered that it happened because I used the Pinterest map. Once I removed the map, and put in my own details for the photo, it was properly credited to me.

Yesterday, I received 3 emails, for 2 separate listings: 1) "You have a successful sale"; 2) "A bid on your auction has been removed.......(pricing and buyer ID ridiculous, garbled, obviously fake/fraudulent; 3) a 3rd email from "eBid Patrol Team" (never heard of them before; this was the strangest of the 3 emails).

This is not the pattern I have noted when bids are cancelled, I used to get only 1 email from eBid, and it had "normal" looking ID for the bidder. There was nothing normal about the name of the bidder, or there address/email address. I was truely surprised that something that obviously wrong could have even been able to get through with a bid. This is the first time something like this has happened.

Both listings were still present but closed, and the bids had been removed. I reposted the listings. I did not contact support about this, as I felt it should have never happened. I did also run my malware program and removed some stuff today. Not really in the mood to be pursuing what caused it, but if I get even a sneaking suspicion of what caused it, it is history.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    Look at thread about eBid closing sales in The Kitchen Table. All about false buyer. All praise to eBid for acting.
    I agree, I was glad eBid closed it. But I also thought it was very peculiar, with the 3 emails that occurred. Almost felt as if bots were involved. Honestly, I thought that if it was my team, they would have been canned. I like the previous way of 1 email, with its simplistic, direct style better. Reminded me of fast food places that have a ton of staff behind the counter. Too much to get the job done simply and efficiently.

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    I agree, I was glad eBid closed it. But I also thought it was very peculiar, with the 3 emails that occurred. Almost felt as if bots were involved. Honestly, I thought that if it was my team, they would have been canned. I like the previous way of 1 email, with its simplistic, direct style better. Reminded me of fast food places that have a ton of staff behind the counter. Too much to get the job done simply and efficiently.
    I had the identical thing happen to me burgyeb..Kept getting these emails from eBid stating THEY felt the buyer was a threat and removed the sale for me....??????? ....huh??

Forum Master
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iwiw60 View Post
    I had the identical thing happen to me burgyeb..Kept getting these emails from eBid stating THEY felt the buyer was a threat and removed the sale for me....??????? ....huh??
    Look at the forum section"Any praise most welcome" you will see a thread about Action Patrol. It appears there was a bogus buyer. Ebid stepped in to cancel the sales and reverse any FVFs. I think they deserve praise not your attack. Perhaps next time you would like eBid let you sort out bogus sellers yourself.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well once again 2 more items have not been paid for............handled it the old fashioned way. Requested my FVF back from eBid, added the buyer to the club, left appropriate feedback, and relisted my items. Did not take long at all. See link below for my response on other thread about this same issue, post #45.

http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...-make-a-sale-(

Forum Master
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

We need moderators for the forums. There are three threads running on this topic.

Thread Information