Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A bit of good news...

View sherlock07's Feedback (+301)
    All-About sherlock07
    View sherlock07's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: A bit of good news...

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    Have you tried signing them up for the telephone preference service? I do that when I move into a new house.
    I also have an unlisted number, and I am registered with the TPS, but still get the occasional one from foreign call centre's, but if you have the time listen to them and find which british company they are calling for, then tell them that the company will be reported to the TPS they hang up and usually do not call again.

Sherlock's Watches Store ~ Great Watches for the Family
    Sherlock's Bazaar
    ~ General Store

Default Re: A bit of good news...

The best one my parents had years ago was from a company selling kitchens.

They phoned while Dad was at work, Mum took the call, told them she wasn't interested but they insisted on calling back later and speaking to Dad (they had is name so knew he existed) Mum said fine but he'll tell you the same thing.

They phoned again and Dad told them he's not interested but they insisted on sending someone round so Dad made appointment for the following evening.

The guy arrived at 7pm as arranged. Dad sat through all the sell and looked at all the brochures. He then got the man to measure up the kitchen. Dad then started to select his kitchen but he didn't select a whole kitchen, oh no, he selected one cupboard from that design, one from another etc and got the guy to do all the measurements and give him a quote..............

then Dad changed his mind on what he wanted, selected another lot of cupboards, doors etc, got the guy to measure up again and give anther quote..........

Dad kept this going till half past midnight then said to the guy 'I'm not interested. I did tell them on the phone but they didn't want to listen.'

So the guy was working for 5.5 hrs and left without a sale!

Thread Information