Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Automated Emails from eBid - Paid & Shipped Notifications

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile Automated Emails from eBid - Paid & Shipped Notifications

Starting this because unlike some people, I do not have time to sit here going through endless pages looking for an already existing thread that may cover the issue because they choose poor titles for their threads that have no relevance to the issue they are bringing up!

I recently had someone buy 50+ items, a regular customer whom buys a lot from us at Rokin's Toys, however, when it comes to combining the invoice and marking the "WHOLE" invoice as paid and shipped, ourselves and the buyer gets flooded with emails for each individual item being paid for and shipped. When you are doing it as a "WHOLE" invoice, why not just send a single confirmation of paid and a single confirmation of shipped, why the need for a separate email for each individual item on the combined "WHOLE" invoice? I had like 4 pages of payment and shipped confirmation emails for each individual item, it's ridiculous lol! I know you can adjust email settings for what emails you receive, but customers do appreciate confirmation of items being paid for and shipped, so can we do away with the individual notification for every single item on a combined "WHOLE" invoice please so people just receive one email notification for paid and shipped..?
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

View bunsock's Feedback (+14461)
    All-About bunsock
    View bunsock's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Automated Emails from eBid - Paid & Shipped Notifications

I totally agree. This has been raised before but nothing has been done which is a pity. Also the quality of those emails with just muddily text looks very old fashioned.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5881)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

I totally agree with this... and that most of ebid's automated emails need to be rewritten by a non-geek!
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rokins_toys View Post
    Starting this because unlike some people, I do not have time to sit here going through endless pages looking for an already existing thread that may cover the issue because they choose poor titles for their threads that have no relevance to the issue they are bringing up!

I recently had someone buy 50+ items, a regular customer whom buys a lot from us at Rokin's Toys, however, when it comes to combining the invoice and marking the "WHOLE" invoice as paid and shipped, ourselves and the buyer gets flooded with emails for each individual item being paid for and shipped. When you are doing it as a "WHOLE" invoice, why not just send a single confirmation of paid and a single confirmation of shipped, why the need for a separate email for each individual item on the combined "WHOLE" invoice? I had like 4 pages of payment and shipped confirmation emails for each individual item, it's ridiculous lol! I know you can adjust email settings for what emails you receive, but customers do appreciate confirmation of items being paid for and shipped, so can we do away with the individual notification for every single item on a combined "WHOLE" invoice please so people just receive one email notification for paid and shipped..?
    Do you know how they were marked as paid/shipped? Was it automated, eg. checkout using PayPal or were they marked as paid via the link on an invoice or using the ASL?

Thx,
    Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

Cheers for responses. Re Gazza: By selecting paid and shipped via the drop down list in the "sold" section of dashboard through one of the items, takes you to invoice type page, then you get box with drop down list to select mark "whole" invoice as paid/shipped, then you get paid/shipped confirmations still for each individual item on the entire invoice, a lot of people use this method when marking a "whole" invoice as paid/shipped. One email will suffice for both paid/shipped. I have always used this method on combined whole invoices.

The only other option I see in the drop down box is to mark each item individually as paid and shipped which will take a few minutes to do for an order of over 50 items lol but even when someone has bought a handful of items, I select the mark "whole" invoice as paid/shipped and you get an email confirmation for each individual item on the invoice rather than just the one confirmation email for the entire invoice. I find it strange how that is set up.

Yep, we could do with more straight forward speaking emails in a non-geek way. I myself do not even bother reading them because there just seems to be a lot of pointless stuff on them that doesn't even need to be there.
    Last edited by rokins_toys; 11th April 2014 at 12:40 AM.
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Investigating.. Thx for getting back to us.

Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Thread Information