My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Abilty to show stock but not able to buy/bid

Default Abilty to show stock but not able to buy/bid

Is there a way for those who dropship items to have on eBid a system put into place where the seller can still show the item, but can have it also showing as being unavailable until after a certain date.

I.e.

Seller lists 10 items of say "Light Bulbs" but when a buyer goes to buy/bid it shows that the item is currently out of stock until a certain date and would they like to continue the order

For example:

Item Number: xxxxxxxxxxxx is currently out of stock and will be available after xx/xx/xx. Would you like to continue with this order Yes/No (If you chose yes the seller will be notified that you would like this order from them)
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

Default Re: Abilty to show stock but not able to buy/bid

At the moment they could use the custom listing time (set in advance) for any stock due in. The listing wouldn't be able to take orders, but it does give advance notice to buyers that the listing will be available on a certain date.

Any 'orders' part added may be a bit dangerous. What would likely happen is this: Seller gets a discounted price on a bulk buy of 50 items - seller puts up a listing with an advance start time - seller gets only 5 orders - seller cancels the listing. Seller has not lost anything but the 5 people who have submitted an order won't be that impressed and the site gets the blame. As the order would not be a binding agreement you could also switch that around so the seller does get their 50 orders and proceeds to order the product in - during that time the buyers have gone elsewhere... either way it would be a mess.

For dropshippers who know that a product is available in two weeks then a custom start time set for two weeks time is a good system to use - the product is visible to be watched/bookmarked until the day it goes live.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deanosaur1972 View Post
    At the moment they could use the custom listing time (set in advance) for any stock due in. The listing wouldn't be able to take orders, but it does give advance notice to buyers that the listing will be available on a certain date.

Any 'orders' part added may be a bit dangerous. What would likely happen is this: Seller gets a discounted price on a bulk buy of 50 items - seller puts up a listing with an advance start time - seller gets only 5 orders - seller cancels the listing. Seller has not lost anything but the 5 people who have submitted an order won't be that impressed and the site gets the blame. As the order would not be a binding agreement you could also switch that around so the seller does get their 50 orders and proceeds to order the product in - during that time the buyers have gone elsewhere... either way it would be a mess.

For dropshippers who know that a product is available in two weeks then a custom start time set for two weeks time is a good system to use - the product is visible to be watched/bookmarked until the day it goes live.
    That is how it should be done on eBid IMHO (and the prospective buyer can still ask the seller a question from that particular listing)

That's all good and well, but what happens if the seller doesn't actually know an exact date of Stock availability or the item varies from day to day for instance if an item was shown as expected in on xx/xx/xx but then come that day it's out of stock until a further 4 days or a month
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

Quote Originally Posted by craig7501 View Post
    That's all good and well, but what happens if the seller doesn't actually know an exact date of Stock availability or the item varies from day to day for instance if an item was shown as expected in on xx/xx/xx but then come that day it's out of stock until a further 4 days or a month
    On a scenario where they expected delivery/availability in two weeks time. Then the custom start time would be for two weeks in the evening after daytime delivery/availability. Should that delivery then not appear it would be simple to re-adjust the start time to 4 days later (or whenever the new date of arrival is) before any listing has become available to purchase.

Thread Information