Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Promoting My Stores Via Social Media

Question Promoting My Stores Via Social Media

I must be honest. I do not use any social media sites. Not that I am a social pariah or anything. I simply never cared to use them. Now that I have my stores established, I want to promote them in an effective manner. I understand the concept but the execution is what has me stumped. Do I just create, for example, a business-type Facebook account and then "like" my store urls or individual listings? Since I have a finite number of listings, what happens when I "like" every listing or store I have? To be clear, I do not want to set up personal social media sites. I only want to set up sites that will allow me to promote my stores. Any help is appreciated.

Newcastle Emlyn, Carmarthenshire, United Kingdom
    View tripledragon's Feedback (+12)
    All-About tripledragon
    View tripledragon's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Promoting My Stores Via Social Media

Hi there, I have recently started on twitter and I am enjoying it, much more than Facebook. I get the feeling that twitter is more about promoting business/brands than Facebook, which seems more about "what I had for my dinner"..

I found twitter easy to set up, and it is easy to tweet your listings, I have a few followers/followees that I have found through ebid and I try to retweet them to promote their listings too.

If you want any help setting it up, well I am no expert but more than happy to assist.

All the best

Anne

Thanks for that, Anne. Much appreciated. Let me look into that and get back to you. There is one question that I have been mulling over in my head and your comment brought it to the forefront...

"I have a few followers/followees that I have found through ebid and I try to retweet them to promote their listings too."

This may be all well and good but do you have any suggestions on how to bring the layperson (non-ebidder) to your twitter account? Because of my career, I would prefer not to use marketing strategies such as t-shirts. Business cards may be a good idea but I've seen a bunch a business cards on the subway and no one really looks at them...or they may look at them but not really care at what they are looking. I am seriously considering setting up my own web site but the same problem exists...attracting the non-ebidder.

All-About tripledragon
    Forum Posts

It's not just fellow ebidders I am following, I have also found local businesses on twitter, and people who share similar interests, people that may not have heard of ebid but once we are mutually following they will see my ebid tweets and retweets.

I even sent a picture of my cat to a cat magazine, they retweeted to say she was 'stunning' :-) and I got a few followers as a result.

I think it is a 'can't quite think of the word' but it's kinda like an exponential kind of thing. Search for people you know, have heard about, who are interested in the same things as you, and follow, if they like what you tweet, then all of their followers will see it too. And their followers will follow you and so on...

I have also ordered some business cards with details of my ebid shops and will be putting these in with my orders from other sites.

I am still only a newbie over here, and on twitter, so certainly no expert on the subjects but am hoping that all the above will come to fruition and see me selling lots on ebid.

One other thing that I am endeavouring to do is to buy through ebid wherever I can, if I make even a small purchase here and there which encourages a fellow seller to list more, then in effect I am increasing the quantity and variety of items which will pull in the buyers. I strongly believe that if we want to sell more on ebid then we should buy more on ebid.

Hope that helps, as I said, I am no expert but happy to share my experiences and happy to follow you should you take the twitter plunge.. :-)

With best regards

Anne

Anne, can I have your Twitter handle?

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Agree with Anne, I, too use Twitter (suesjoolsoneBid) to tweet my jools for sale and also have pinned some to Pinterest. IMHO both sites are easy to use and fairly user friendly, (they'd have to be or I wouldn't be there as a self proclaimed Luddite, LOL). I'm not sure how many eBid sellers use social media, but from my experience on the forums there seem to be quite a few of us out there.

Oh and don't forget to follow eBid (under My Options-My Social Networks) when you sign up for social media sites, you can get free buddy points!

Best wishes for many sales to all,

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am signed up for all of the eBid social networks, but use mainly Twitter (as Burgyeb); Pinterest (as Shore Collectibles); and Google +

Trying to get comfortable with the use of social networking. Not really sure if it is improving sales directly. Also tinkering a bit with Google Analytics to be able to see the impact of different networks, etc.

Would appreciate any followers from eBid. Most coming from users I do not know from here, and that is great also.

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31547)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am not a twit or an acrobat (tumblr), nor do I like acupuncture (Pins), and facebook is the only place I find our what my children are doing.

I have been on computers doing everything for 50 years as things have evolved, but I just don't get social media.

Yes, I contribute on Ebid forums, and many other forums, but there is something about personal promotion on social media that doesn't sit easily.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

All-About tripledragon
    Forum Posts

Hi GiftCards, my twitter is @BarryEvansMetal, have you taken the plunge?

Have you really been into computers 50 years Bill? I only have just over 30 years, with my first computer a Vic 20. What were you doing 50 years ago, and what kind of computers did you have back then (genuine question, hope you don't mind me asking).

Already following sue and just found you too burgey. :-)

All the best

Anne

All-About tripledragon
    Forum Posts

P.s. Hi Bill, now I am being cheeky, but for someone who doesn't 'sit well' with personal promotion you seem more than happy to promote your 'shower scene' avatar and 'it's all about a picture of me' signature. I bet if you tried it you'd quite enjoy a twitter... Anne.

P.p.s. no offence was intended in the above post and I hope none is taken ;-)

Thread Information