Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Call me Thick if you like but need help finding listing cat code

Default Call me Thick if you like but need help finding listing cat code

Hello.

I am listing 126 items using Ninja and for the life in me I can not find Spanners, I have been looking for at least 30 mins so I havnt come on here to ask because I am lazy its just I cant find it, I need the code then I can use it for multiple listing.

If I am wrong then I will hold my hand up and drop my trousers on the top of my local town hall, infact some one has already done that so will think of something else, lol

Regards Paul
    Fund Raiser For The Talbot Owners Club

All Profits From any Sales goes to fund the Talbot Owners Club ( Classic Motorhome )

Default Re: Call me Thick if you like but need help finding listing cat code

LOL, found it ....

Of all the places its ...

Business, Office & Industry > Industrial > Hand Tools > Spanners

Why ho why under B O I surley it should be under Cars And Accessories

All Profits From any Sales goes to fund the Talbot Owners Club ( Classic Motorhome )

View sherlock07's Feedback (+301)
    All-About sherlock07
    View sherlock07's Listings
    Forum Posts

Perhaps

Home & Garden : DIY & Tools : Tools : Hand Tools

Sherlock's Watches Store ~ Great Watches for the Family
    Sherlock's Bazaar
    ~ General Store

I found that one Sherlock, but doesn't say spanners

Quote Originally Posted by sherlock07 View Post
    Perhaps

Home & Garden : DIY & Tools : Tools : Hand Tools

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

The problem with thing like spanners is that they are general tools used in more than field. The same spanners used to service a vehicle are used in industry, engineering, plumbing, DIY, and a myriad of other tasks. The only exceptions being tools that are dedicated to a specific task (e.g. a plumber's tap wrench) - though even such tools can be pressed into other uses.

So you either locate general tools under a single category or have them scattered about the site in multiple duplicated categories; both of which have their drawbacks.

eBid's solution is the Ghost Category, where all items are listed under a single category but where there is a relevance in another category there is a cross link between relevant categories, see: http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...g-your-request

Of course, as far as your own store categories are concerned, you can set them up as you wish.
    Last edited by astral276; 21st April 2014 at 12:17 PM.

Thanks Astral, its ok I will just use 7493 and arrange as I see fit in my store.

Another question for you though... Sorry

I was reading a thred regarding advertising getting your store noticed ect, some one on there suggested rather than run till sold (RTS) list for 7-10 days and auto relist 10 times, I am in Ninja unclicked RTS but it is saying 1 in the auction box and 1 in the reserve but I only want to list buy it now, is it possible to list this way with BIN or is this facility only available to Auction listings.

Hope you understand all that waffle because it confused the hell out of me

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

If you sell to the US (which you might not, considering the weight),,,,,,,,,you would need to call them wrenches.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Forum Newbie
    View Musicalbox's Feedback (+37)
    All-About Musicalbox
    View Musicalbox's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sizexl View Post
    Thanks Astral, its ok I will just use 7493 and arrange as I see fit in my store.

Another question for you though... Sorry

I was reading a thred regarding advertising getting your store noticed ect, some one on there suggested rather than run till sold (RTS) list for 7-10 days and auto relist 10 times, I am in Ninja unclicked RTS but it is saying 1 in the auction box and 1 in the reserve but I only want to list buy it now, is it possible to list this way with BIN or is this facility only available to Auction listings.

Hope you understand all that waffle because it confused the hell out of me
    If you list your items under Run Till Sold, all your items will appear in alphabetical order and not move.(everytime you open your shop your items will be in the same place and your customers will see the same thing) If you list under 7 - 10 days on a 10 rota your items will revolve like a roundabout as the days go round and start again for the next round. You can list your items as an auction or both an auction and BIN, or you can list just as a BIN. The option is yours. Good luck

Your right HerMajesty way to heavy other wise I would.

Music box thanks, in ninja if you deselect RTS it wont let you BIN without auction, you have to have them both, unless you can cancel it out putting 0 in the reserve price box and 0 in the auction box the your price in the BIN box,

wow that hurt my head,

Thread Information