Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: help with chanel hallmarks for fine jewellery please

Forum Newbie
    All-About meb40
    View meb40's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: help with chanel hallmarks for fine jewellery please

Quote Originally Posted by pheasantplukka View Post
    I have had for many years a stunning gold and diamond chanel ring, the ring was a gift from a wealthy friend - however I have never worn this ring as it is slightly too small therefore making it uncomfortable.

the problem i have is that it was given to me without the box or any paperwork. I am 99.9% sure it is chanel and not a fake as my friend was married to a millionaire and this was one of the many gifts he gave her - I would like to sell it now and I can see a tiny hallmark which I am sure is the chanel hallmark but it is too tiny to see with the naked eye and I dont have an eyeglass *sigh*
    I took it to my local jeweller and he wasn't willing to say if he thought it was genuine or not he wanted to give me the gold value for it only , yea right!

anyway how can I get any info up about chanel fine jewellery, have tried google and it all seems to be costume stuff

Your piece isn't Chanel it's a 18kt. Cartier ring. I have one just like it, only on the inside mine says Cartier. You might have a fake if Cartier isn't written on the inside, but the design is definitely Cartier. It should have a European size mark also in the 50's depending on the size, and 18kt. Hope this helps!

Forum Newbie
    All-About meb40
    View meb40's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by meb40 View Post
    Your piece isn't Chanel it's a 18kt. Cartier ring. I have one just like it, only on the inside mine says Cartier. You might have a fake if Cartier isn't written on the inside, but the design is definitely Cartier. It should have a European size mark also in the 50's depending on the size, and 18kt. Hope this helps!
    The hallmark you can't see is Cartier. Go on ebay and look up Cartier rings and you will see one just like yours. Mary

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Who knows....it might be that ring, meb! This thread that you just replied to was started in 2006! It's a nice ring, isn't it??
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Thread Information