Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Some Advise Please: - I can't remove 2nd Category From Listings.

Default Some Advise Please: - I can't remove 2nd Category From Listings.

Hi,

I have added 2nd categories to some of my listings and need to remove this as the repeated 5p's on relists are totting up already.

I have gone in several times and unchecked and have also also tried changing to default 'choose category' and saved. When I go back in the 2nd category is still there.

Can anyone please advise if this can be done or will I have to close and relist.

Thanks in advance...........

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Some Advise Please: - I can't remove 2nd Category From Listings.

I think all you need to do is click edit at the top of your listing, then go and uncheck the category you don't want....then be sure and save at the bottom of the page.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

That is what I have done.

I have tried to edit out by unchecking and resetting to default but the category remains after it has been saved. I have updated a number of them more than once but it won't go.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

The answer may be here....sorry, that's all I know. This is a great resource full of info....

http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...%27s+New+Users
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Thanks YourMajesty (is that how I address you),

I can't find anything related. I have gone to support in the hope that they can provide an answer but to be honest I think I'll just have to close the listings tonight when I get a bit more time.

Thanks for taking time to assist me.............Cheers.

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Would you need to start each affected listing afresh....there are times when things need to be the hard way over here. As an aside....i would suggest that you pay no attention to using more than one category when creating a listing....the reason why i say this is that...it'll make little if any difference to your sales over on this site.

Prospective buyers will discover your listing via Google shopping (usually)....it won't as a rule be the result of them coming directly to Ebid directly and searching by way of categories.
    Most prospective buyers if/when thy find Ebid will enter the product description into the search box and browse in this way.

Thanks cerealmunkee, good to know and much appreciated.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pennywhopper View Post
    Hi,

I have added 2nd categories to some of my listings and need to remove this as the repeated 5p's on relists are totting up already.

I have gone in several times and unchecked and have also also tried changing to default 'choose category' and saved. When I go back in the 2nd category is still there.

Can anyone please advise if this can be done or will I have to close and relist.

Thanks in advance...........
    When reporting problems make sure you leave us specific details, eg. Listing ID so that we can investigate.

You removed the extra category but were still charged when it auto-relisted? Is that correct?

Thx,
    Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Gazza,

The issue once I noted costs was that the 2nd category could not then be removed from many of my listings.

There were 17 listings in total affected. As far as I can tell I had compounded the situation by trying to do a bulk edit and saved a default 2nd cat. It is the only explanation I have for not being able to remove.

Support had provided me with a fix but I hadn't picked that up before closing all of the listings when I logged in again last eve.

Anyhow, I have relisted all the closed listings after clearing the default.

User Error I'm afraid but I am wiser for it.

Thanks for assist, sorry if the request to support was vague. I didn't actually know the extent of the issue at that point but I suppose one example would have been better than what I provided.

Thread Information