eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Standard Text Blocks

Forum Newbie
    Long Eaton, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
    All-About AHTradingOnline
    View AHTradingOnline's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question Standard Text Blocks

All my listings have a block of text talking about the payment and postage options.

Is it possible to have these saved? ie When I make a new listing I could just tell it to pull certain standard blocks of text from a saved location, and if I ever need to edit that text then I just need to edit it in that location and then all the listings that use it are updated automatically as they are are all still pulling it from there.

If this is possible could someone let me know how to do it as it will save me a lot of time.

View sherlock07's Feedback (+301)
    All-About sherlock07
    View sherlock07's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Standard Text Blocks

Quote Originally Posted by AHTradingOnline View Post
    All my listings have a block of text talking about the payment and postage options.

Is it possible to have these saved? ie When I make a new listing I could just tell it to pull certain standard blocks of text from a saved location, and if I ever need to edit that text then I just need to edit it in that location and then all the listings that use it are updated automatically as they are are all still pulling it from there.

If this is possible could someone let me know how to do it as it will save me a lot of time.
    Go to my ebid> my defaults > my selling defaults(tab)

You can put your text in there, and it will populate your new listings, however I don't think changing it affects any listings already running you will have to change them either through bulk edit or each listing manually.

Sherlock's Watches Store ~ Great Watches for the Family
    Sherlock's Bazaar
    ~ General Store

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

I recommend you use your About Me page for all your transaction policies and just place a link, in all your descriptions, to your Me Page.

Forum Newbie
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sherlock07 View Post
    Go to my ebid> my defaults > my selling defaults(tab)

You can put your text in there, and it will populate your new listings, however I don't think changing it affects any listings already running you will have to change them either through bulk edit or each listing manually.
    It's more the editing side that's important. Not having variations on here means if I add all my current stock lines I would have over 1000 listings - instead of the 61 I have on eBay.

I've tried using the bulk edit but although it does phrases fine, when doing a couple of lines of text it just says there was no change possible. I thought it might need the HTML formatting code as well but that resulting in the same.

Forum Newbie
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    I recommend you use your About Me page for all your transaction policies and just place a link, in all your descriptions, to your Me Page.

Thanks, but I was using the payment and postage bit as an example. I would like to include text on some offers such as Buy 3 Get 1 Free sort of thing, but these wouldn't be the same on each listing, and would need to be in the description - but if the test isn't editable then it's a non-starter.

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AHTradingOnline View Post
    Thanks, but I was using the payment and postage bit as an example. I would like to include text on some offers such as Buy 3 Get 1 Free sort of thing, but these wouldn't be the same on each listing, and would need to be in the description - but if the test isn't editable then it's a non-starter.
    I can't remember without looking but would the My Notices facility work?I know you can put them in a specific store & a specific category but not sure about specific listings.Failing that a remotely hosted picture of the text would work.

Forum Newbie
    Forum Posts

Ahh that should do it - I shall have a play thank you

Quote Originally Posted by bluebedouin View Post
    Failing that a remotely hosted picture of the text would work.

Forum Newbie
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bluebedouin View Post
    I can't remember without looking but would the My Notices facility work?I know you can put them in a specific store & a specific category but not sure about specific listings.Failing that a remotely hosted picture of the text would work.
    It worked brilliantly thanks.

I was initially worried the image's alternative text would not change in the bulk edit, since it's the same text as I couldn't edit previously - but that changes without a problem, I'm guessing because there is no formatting code between the text for the bulk editor to fall down whilst processing it.

Thread Information