Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: ITEM numbers not showing up in search?

Default ITEM numbers not showing up in search?

I have 6 listings at present...
    2 of them show up in general Google search... nothing to do with Google Shopping
    the rest however.. do not show.

Search > 129518365 Platinum = result
    Search > 129518371 Platinum = result
    Search > 129814062 Platinum = no result
    Search > 129815798 Platinum = no result
    etc..

I am using the fact that I can plant the words 'want them cheaper.. google > 129518365 Platinum' in my Ebay listings without them getting flagged by Ebay's keyword-bots.. are you with me! (tactics.. hehe!)

The logic being that Ebay search and ban links, however, the words 'google', 'platinum' and any 9-digit number will slip under the radar... if someone is already online then they are more likely to search for a reference than they would turn on their PC and type in a reference number on a slip of paper put in with their Ebay purchase once delivered.. yes?!?!

So... how come only 2 of my item reference numbers generate a result in general Google search.. again I emphasize that this is NOT about Google Shopping.

Thanks in advance... :-)

Default Re: ITEM numbers not showing up in search?

Google organic searches and your listings presence within them are determined by Google bots. The bots crawl around the web looking new pages to index. Sometimes these bots can take up to a few weeks to find these new pages.

So the appearance on Google Organic is not about an eBid upload onto Google but about the Google bots on the net and their ability to find your pages.

But I will send you a Google bot and it should pick up those missing pages fairly quickly. Ultimately though it is better to have an eBid shop to send the customers directly into.
    Last edited by deanosaur1972; 7th July 2014 at 07:50 AM.

Default Re: ITEM numbers not showing up in search?

deanosaur1972 .... many thanks for the explanation and your kind assistance - items now showing :-)

Thread Information