eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Checkout by amazon

Forum Diehard
    View islandbuckman's Feedback (+192)
    All-About islandbuckman
    View islandbuckman's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Checkout by amazon

I just received the email below from another "auction" site that I sell on. It says that we can integrate direct payments from "checkout by amazon". Is this something new? The last I heard from ebid was that Amazon would not accept sellers from an auction based website.

I have removed all references of the "other " auction based website.

As an online seller, you already know that PayPal is great way for customers to pay. But did you know that almost twice as many shoppers share their credit card info with Amazon?
    It’s true. The easier it is for a buyer to checkout, the less likely they abandon their cart. Why else do buyers pick Checkout by Amazon?
    It’s fast. For shoppers with an Amazon account, their information is auto-filled when they buy from you. Fewer clicks mean more conversions.
    It’s trusted. Millions of shoppers trust Amazon’s “A to Z Guarantee.” Checkout by Amazon gives your customers confidence.
    It’s mobile. Mobile shopping is on the rise, and Checkout by Amazon is a leader in mobile payments. Support mobile customers by offering more ways to pay.
    The way to a shopper’s heart - and wallet - is to make buying easy. For millions of buyers, Checkout by Amazon is the preferred way to check out. Using Checkout by Amazon as a payment option means less abandoned carts for your XXXX booth. Learn more about turning on Checkout by Amazon.
    And if you were curious - we receive no direct financial benefit from you accepting Checkout by Amazon. We are sending this because of the consistently higher conversion rates we see amongst merchants who offer it. We'd like to see your booth get that free boost.
    Happy selling!

Forum Lurker
    Gainsborough, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View emdiecast's Feedback (+28)
    All-About emdiecast
    View emdiecast's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Checkout by amazon

As far as I am aware (In the UK), it only applies your own business website not a shop on ebid or any other auction site.

Forum Diehard
    View islandbuckman's Feedback (+192)
    All-About islandbuckman
    View islandbuckman's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Checkout by amazon

The other auction site has the following on their edit payment page.

Payment types accepted
    Learn more
    Paypal. Paypal email address
    Checkout by Amazon. We'll prompt you for your Amazon payment information when your booth is updated
    Money order. No additional setup required

You just check off the options you want and it is integrated into your store.

Thread Information