eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: More eBay fees from today.

View theElench's Feedback (+94)
    All-About theElench
    View theElench's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Spread the Word

Sorry to go off at a tangent but I think there will be quite a lot of new arrivals from ebay in the next month or two. The Defect system starts next week, compulsory managed returns in September and a new user agreement which automatically opts sellers into "Click and Collect" unless they opt out. I don't know if I read it right, it seems too outrageous even for ebay, they will at their discretion show sellers listings on Non-UK sites even if the seller specified UK Only.

Needless to say the listings I did last weekend will be my last on ebay. Not only will they now have the right to advertise my property anywhere they like (and charge me 10% of the postage) but if a buyer in Australia claims the item is not as described I will have to pay the return postage. I've never had anything returned but I would do this anyway in the UK which is why I tick UK only.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: More eBay fees from today.

Stopped selling on eBay years ago, and glad I did. I would love to be in a position to boast about eBid. Have wondered if some sales with high fees is more or less desirable, than no sales with low to no fees. Also wonder what percentage of eBid sellers are receiving Google/Google Shopping visibility.

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    Stopped selling on eBay years ago, and glad I did. I would love to be in a position to boast about eBid. Have wondered if some sales with high fees is more or less desirable, than no sales with low to no fees. Also wonder what percentage of eBid sellers are receiving Google/Google Shopping visibility.
    I too have been tempted by the dark side at times, but after careful consideration I always get back to the thought that while the sales are undoubtedly easier on eBay, making a profit is not as easy as it was, and with sales also reducing over there I see it as a sinking ship. They might be bailing it out at the moment but for the small seller the lifeboats are the only option. Like everyone else I would like to see sales rocketing, they are increasing though so as far as I am concerned they will reach a satisfactory level and hopefully a level where a very good living can be made over here.

As for Google Shopping, it does seem to be a bit hit and miss at the moment. I check regularly and at times it certainly appears that not all my listings are showing. Once again though it is down to the sales, if everything listed sold then I am sure that eBid would have no problem uploading everything, but without them uploading everything what are the chances of those sales.

At least with these latest eBay increases we can all become even more competitive. I have just posted a listing and compared to the same item over there I am between 8% and 25% cheaper, we just need more people to know about eBid and that should get those sales, though having said that there are buyers who will buy the most expensive item on eBay even though they can get the same at a lower price.

Forum Lurker
    View Cazamoran's Feedback (+24)
    All-About Cazamoran
    View Cazamoran's Listings
    Forum Posts

Unhappy Re: More eBay fees from today.

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    I too have been tempted by the dark side at times, but after careful consideration I always get back to the thought that while the sales are undoubtedly easier on eBay, making a profit is not as easy as it was, and with sales also reducing over there I see it as a sinking ship. They might be bailing it out at the moment but for the small seller the lifeboats are the only option. Like everyone else I would like to see sales rocketing, they are increasing though so as far as I am concerned they will reach a satisfactory level and hopefully a level where a very good living can be made over here.

As for Google Shopping, it does seem to be a bit hit and miss at the moment. I check regularly and at times it certainly appears that not all my listings are showing. Once again though it is down to the sales, if everything listed sold then I am sure that eBid would have no problem uploading everything, but without them uploading everything what are the chances of those sales.

At least with these latest eBay increases we can all become even more competitive. I have just posted a listing and compared to the same item over there I am between 8% and 25% cheaper, we just need more people to know about eBid and that should get those sales, though having said that there are buyers who will buy the most expensive item on eBay even though they can get the same at a lower price.
    I have no idea how anyone survives as a small seller on ebay, the fees and terms and conditions are crippling But saying that, I fear the worst, that being that I may have to return there. No sales, everything just sitting here. I think its because the other side is such a buyers market, no protection for sellers at all. If only things would move here............................

Forum Lurker
    View scorpioman's Feedback (+4704)
    All-About scorpioman
    View scorpioman's Listings
    Forum Posts

Over 1300 Workshop Manuals & Car Parts now listed here on Ebid because of EBAYS greed, their loss! Yes I still sell there but my shop over there shrinks by the day. Only another 5000 or 6000 items to list here on Ebid.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazamoran View Post
    I have no idea how anyone survives as a small seller on ebay, the fees and terms and conditions are crippling But saying that, I fear the worst, that being that I may have to return there. No sales, everything just sitting here. I think its because the other side is such a buyers market, no protection for sellers at all. If only things would move here............................
    With these new charges making a profit over there for many sellers has just got a whole lot more difficult. But as you say if only those sales could be made a little more over here then everything would be fine. It is a catch 22 situation though, if people carry on listing on eBay then the choice and buyers will go there. In an ideal world there would be a mass exodus to eBid along with the buyers, but we all know this is not an ideal world. next best option is for increasing numbers to list on both sites, with lower prices here to reflect the lower fees and inform buyers of this when they make eBay sales. That would hopefully increase the buyer base here and lower it on eBay. From what I have read on the forums here and elsewhere sales are not what they were on eBay at the moment. It might be that the current economic situation is affecting everywhere and when this improves sales across the board will pick up. If that is the case it could bode well for eBid, my own sales are ahead of last year and if it is true that on eBay sellers are struggling it could be that eBid is faring better and would do so even more with an increase in online sales generally.

Forum Lurker
    View Cazamoran's Feedback (+24)
    All-About Cazamoran
    View Cazamoran's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    With these new charges making a profit over there for many sellers has just got a whole lot more difficult. But as you say if only those sales could be made a little more over here then everything would be fine. It is a catch 22 situation though, if people carry on listing on eBay then the choice and buyers will go there. In an ideal world there would be a mass exodus to eBid along with the buyers, but we all know this is not an ideal world. next best option is for increasing numbers to list on both sites, with lower prices here to reflect the lower fees and inform buyers of this when they make eBay sales. That would hopefully increase the buyer base here and lower it on eBay. From what I have read on the forums here and elsewhere sales are not what they were on eBay at the moment. It might be that the current economic situation is affecting everywhere and when this improves sales across the board will pick up. If that is the case it could bode well for eBid, my own sales are ahead of last year and if it is true that on eBay sellers are struggling it could be that eBid is faring better and would do so even more with an increase in online sales generally.
    I have resisted listing anything there and kept everything to this site. But everything is at a standstill. Things then get too difficult to sustain and people go back to where things move, even with the high fees and stupid T & C's The next thing for me is to give up both sites Reluctant, as I have paid lifetime membership here, but I have to say that there are a lot of tumbleweeds blowing around

View RameRetro's Feedback (+33)
    All-About RameRetro
    View RameRetro's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't have anything listed on TOS at the moment. I am reluctant to list anything there now, but items do sell there (although my margins are being strangled!)

Sales on ebid aren't high enough at the moment for me to put all my eggs in one basket but I may investigate some other platforms (other than feebay) that I could use in conjunction with ebid.

If anyone has any experience of other platforms (e.g the one that rhymes with betsy) perhaps they could be kind enough to PM me and let me know what they think.
    ( I think that's better than discussing ebid's rivals on an open forum, although no one stops us talking about feebay!)

Forum Saint
    View tonyreddevil's Feedback (+74)
    All-About tonyreddevil
    View tonyreddevil's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RameRetro View Post
    I don't have anything listed on TOS at the moment. I am reluctant to list anything there now, but items do sell there (although my margins are being strangled!)

Sales on ebid aren't high enough at the moment for me to put all my eggs in one basket but I may investigate some other platforms (other than feebay) that I could use in conjunction with ebid.

If anyone has any experience of other platforms (e.g the one that rhymes with betsy) perhaps they could be kind enough to PM me and let me know what they think.
    ( I think that's better than discussing ebid's rivals on an open forum, although no one stops us talking about feebay!)
    good points

Thread Information