eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Send message rather than ask question

Default Re: Send message rather than ask question

Quote Originally Posted by Maelbrigda View Post
    Is it not possible to just use the forum pm system? I have done this before where my ASL directs the buyer (or seller) to their inbox
    Yes, if the person uses the forum, but why make things harder than they need to be.
    With such a small additional option things could be just simpler

Quote Originally Posted by bluebedouin View Post
    This was raised in 2010 & I said rather than add options,it might be easier to just change the phrase to "Contact Buyer/Seller".
    I think there is a need for both questions and simple messages.

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies View Post
    I think there is a need for both questions and simple messages.
    But is there a need for two separate "buttons"? If you're asking a question,you're contacting the other party.If you're making a statement you're doing the same.

View sherlock07's Feedback (+301)
    All-About sherlock07
    View sherlock07's Listings
    Forum Posts

I just recently had a buyer wanted to know if I could do a special order for him, he had to use the ASL ask a question on another item, surly a contact seller would be a better idea,

Sherlock's Watches Store ~ Great Watches for the Family
    Sherlock's Bazaar
    ~ General Store

Quote Originally Posted by bluebedouin View Post
    But is there a need for two separate "buttons"? If you're asking a question,you're contacting the other party.If you're making a statement you're doing the same.
    I think the problem is that because the seller has to send the buyer a message in the form of a question that the buyer has to reply within 24hrs, once they reply the seller has to reply to them within 24 hrs.
    When someone first sent me a message, I replied 'Great, thank you' which he then had to reply so replied 'Yes fine' to which I was supposed to reply and at that point I decided I wasn't going to play anymore and pressed the ignore button - I'm still here!

Quote Originally Posted by sherlock07 View Post
    I just recently had a buyer wanted to know if I could do a special order for him, he had to use the ASL ask a question on another item, surly a contact seller would be a better idea,
    There is the option on the All about page 'contact them' which doesn't go anywhere, so rather pointless that its there. I can understand the fear of any trading outside of the site, but that could happen anyway.
    I have communicated with a few sellers by email after I have bought something, rather than have any conversation on view.

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zaranvalesasterix View Post
    I think the problem is that because the seller has to send the buyer a message in the form of a question that the buyer has to reply within 24hrs, once they reply the seller has to reply to them within 24 hrs.
    As far as I'm aware that doesn't apply to the ASL,only the listing Q&A.I've never known of an instance where anyone's had it enforced anyway.

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'd prefer private communication between buyer/seller especially when you do not have access to their email address until they have bought and paid for something. Would be nice if "questions" asked about an item could remain private as well or just change it to a private messaging system. I respect that questions asked directly about the item itself may be of use to other potential buyers, but often we get questions that are not related to the item itself and are related to other things and we would prefer such discussions to remain private. And we do not really want to go posting our email address publicly either as that leaves our email address open to abuse from spam as there are companies who trawl through websites looking for email addresses to add to lists to send you junk mail which needs cracking down on too.
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

Thread Information