Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Auto Reposts

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Auto Reposts

My auto reposts were running low so I've just fired up Bulk Edit to renew for another 10.
    I'm curious though 'cos I hear a lot about folk "doing their relists for the day".....

It seems that some folk don't find manual relisting tedious like I did. I appreciate that sometimes a listing may need a bit of tweaking but when listings are in the hundreds or more???

I wonder which is the most popular method eBid members prefer?

Default Re: Auto Reposts

I just try to keep mine at the 50 relist a day and do them all at once, I don't really know what you mean by bulk editing them, sorry but you know I am a bit thick.

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    I just try to keep mine at the 50 relist a day and do them all at once, I don't really know what you mean by bulk editing them, sorry but you know I am a bit thick.
    lol! I can be thick too you know!

I'm not understanding - you mean you manually repost 50 listings a day?? Why? Doesn't it take a lot of your time up? I do all my Stores automatically via Bulk Edit - it takes just a few minutes (I've about 730 odd listings I think) to fill the buckets & let the system do the work.

No I go to closed items, tick repost and delete all scroll to the bottom of the page and press the repost delet button at the bottom and it does 50 at a time all at once.

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

No I go to closed items, tick repost and delete all scroll to the bottom of the page and press the repost delet button at the bottom and it does 50 at a time all at once.
    Now that's interesting. Does it repost just the once or can you select however many reposts you want up to the 10 available? (like in Bulk Edit). Also, being closed your items will be given new ID numbers when they are reposted won't they?

Using Bulk Edit doesn't change the ID numbers I believe... so Pinterest listings remain live.

AH now I get it, you mean you are relisting ( sort of ) them all while they are live. mine are set up to auto relist 7 days x 10 from closed, i am not bothered about the numbers changing

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

I do the same as buttons.

I had stopped doing pintrest because i thought that after relisting the links would n0 longr work but in another thread someone said that the links now tale you to the relisted item
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

AH now I get it, you mean you are relisting ( sort of ) them all while they are live. mine are set up to auto relist 7 days x 10 from closed, i am not bothered about the numbers changing
    What I mean is I let my auto reposts get to about 8 (out of 10)- then renew the auto posts for another 10 times (yes, before the original 10 have expired as I don't want the listings to close).

I hadn't realised that when folks say they have done their relists for the day they didn't mean each one individually, they meant a page at a time from the closed listings list. Now I understand it. Thanks for explaining it.

Think I'll stick to Bulk Edit though - it seems a lot less hassle to me & I do want the original ID numbers to stay put.

View sherlock07's Feedback (+301)
    All-About sherlock07
    View sherlock07's Listings
    Forum Posts

I do not have that many listings, but I do mine one at a time as I also keep a spreadsheet open with the listings in the same order as on ebid, that way I can find any listings that may go astray quite quickly.

Sherlock's Watches Store ~ Great Watches for the Family
    Sherlock's Bazaar
    ~ General Store

Suppose It's what ever the person listing is used to isn't it really, what's easy to one isn't for another as they are not used to it, I have also done them one at a time like Paul or 5 at a time as they show up more in the opening and closing adds if they are done in small chunks or ones, but the enthusiasm for that wears off after a page

Thread Information