eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We're back and updating our store....

Default We're back and updating our store....

Hey everyone, hope you're all enjoying your weekend!

We've decided to give eBid another shot after around 12 months out and we're just starting to populate our store again.

I'll be honest, ever since we decided to stop selling here, it's always been a niggling thought "are we doing the right thing?". However, I have to say, at the time we decided to pull our listings it probably was, as much as we wanted to stay and promote our store / eBid our focus really needed to be better spent and lack of sales was a major kick in the teeth. Anyone remember when we tried the #ebidhour on Twitter? We looked to get eBid involved at the time but sadly never received a reply, even though a number of sellers joined in the hour.

The good news is, we now have a number of sales avenues and two additional members to our team, which will hopefully be a huge help in trying to maintain our eBid status / visibility and push for sales.

If anyone would like to give us a few pointers on what we've missed to enhance our sales while we've been gone, it'd be very much appreciated.

Hope you'll welcome us back with open arms, please feel free to check out our initial listings, any comments are more than welcome.

Take care,
    Chris

Online retailers of adult naughty novelties, fancy dress accessories, hen / stag party goodies, games and more.

It's not All About ME, it's All About US

Not a member of eBid? Click here to sign up.

Default Re: We're back and updating our store....

Welcome back.

Now might be a good time for your return. I have a wide range of items covering many areas, and over the last three or four months in particular I have been seeing more sales in previously quieter categories, clothing and books for example where sales were pretty sporadic, More listings will attract more buyers which will benefit us all.

As for selling tips the best I can offer is get as much listed as you can to attract people to your listings. I get quite a few sales where the initial landing page is not the item they eventually buy. One thing you could try is to separate the shipping from the selling price. That gives a lower 'headline' price that could catch the eye of those using search engines.

Hope that this time round you can get enough sales to keep you here.

Thanks, much appreciated. Fingers and toes crossed

Online retailers of adult naughty novelties, fancy dress accessories, hen / stag party goodies, games and more.

In A Butterfly House, Essex, United Kingdom
    View emmily121's Feedback (+310)
    All-About emmily121
    View emmily121's Listings
    Forum Posts

I like your items Chris, they appeal to my (twisted) sense of humour.
    The main off putting thing for me is the free postage & packaging/shipping. We all know there's no such thing as free P&P, it's inclusive, so there's no opportunity for reduced postage costs when purchasing more than 1 item from your store.

Honest, reliable seller looking for honest, reliable buyers.

Emmily's Pin Badges
    New and used pin badges

NAWT Charity Store
    Take a minute to take a look

End of the Rainbow
    Will you find treasure at the end of the rainbow.
    Cuddly puppies and kittens now available.

YDC Charity Auctions

I made my first sale today, after joining about a month ago.

I wasn't feeling too optimistic about this site and had stopped listing items.
    I feared I'd have to return to the other auction site, whose name we dare not speak.

I guess you just never know.

Best of luck Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by emmily121 View Post
    I like your items Chris, they appeal to my (twisted) sense of humour.
    The main off putting thing for me is the free postage & packaging/shipping. We all know there's no such thing as free P&P, it's inclusive, so there's no opportunity for reduced postage costs when purchasing more than 1 item from your store.
    Hehe thanks ;-) more to come soon.....

Fair point, that seems the word on the street ;-) I appreciate your comments

Quote Originally Posted by HotWristAction View Post

I feared I'd have to return to the other auction site, whose name we dare not speak.

Best of luck Chris.
    I know, it's a real boost getting that first sale and a big push for wanting more and sticking with it.

That other place sure is getting worse and worse!

All-About emmily121
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HotWristAction View Post

Best of luck Chris.
    There are a few things you could do to increase the possibility of sales. You don't have any (thumbnail) photos showing, it's worth the 2% in fees to have them. When I'm looking to buy something I just skim past any listing without a photo, I'd imagine many buyers do the same.

You have no Buddy points, which I assume means you haven't done any social network (Facebook etc) advertising. (not sure I've got that quite correct, can someone explain it better)

You have not added anything on your about me page.

Don't forget to use eBid's Plug your Auctions, you're allowed one plug per 24 hours.

This is not eBay (yes, you can say that word here ) you can't just list your items then sit back and wait for them to sell, you have to actively work at advertising your items, treat your eBid stores like your own website, imagine how you would advertise your own website, then do that. Good Luck.

Edited to add: If you are not already doing so, insert EXEMPT in the Barcode box (top of listing form) for your items to show on Google Shopping.
    Last edited by emmily121; 13th April 2015 at 12:25 PM.

Emmily's Pin Badges
    New and used pin badges

NAWT Charity Store

End of the Rainbow

YDC Charity Auctions

Thanks again :-)

Not sure about the thumbprint as when I do a search for a listing, a small image appears at the side? I also have "Gallery" checked when I created the listing. When I confirm the listing, it also says I'll be charged 2% if it sells

I have just a couple of buddy points showing, as this was from our previous stint, will look to do more promotion soon.

The about me page is full > http://uk.ebid.net/users/rosinaromance (are you seeing something else?)

I'll be sure to start with plug auctions asap, thanks for the top tips ;-)

All-About emmily121
    Forum Posts

Sorry to confuse you Chris, my reply was to HotWristAction (I quoted their post ) You're an experienced seller and I'm sure you know what you're doing. (I corrected my thumbprint/thumbnail error)

Emmily's Pin Badges
    New and used pin badges

NAWT Charity Store

End of the Rainbow

YDC Charity Auctions

Thread Information