Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Operation cancelled

Manchester, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
    View brian64's Feedback (+125)
    All-About brian64
    View brian64's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Operation cancelled

I might be cheeky and tell them if they can't provide the service they are meant to they can pay to have it done Private i bet it i was a private patient paying to use an NHS service the equipment would have been available

All-About brian64
    View brian64's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am just of the phone to the hospital i spoke to one of the theater staff who said she will escalate my complaint to find out why the equipment wasn't available and to get a date for the operation and will phone me back today so i will just keep up the pressure on them until it is resolved the only good to come out of it was i was able to take my Holiday notice off.

View NuttyKrafts's Feedback (+644)
    All-About NuttyKrafts
    View NuttyKrafts's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sorry to hear this Brian, I hope they can reschedule your op within the next day or so. The N.H.S. just goes from bad to worse, patient care seems to be a long way down their list of priorities these days unfortunately.
    Nutty by name, nutty by nature.
    /

Hand made items here

Bits and pieces here

Fund raising for L.O.R.O.S. here

Books and music for L.O.R.O.S. here

All-About brian64
    View brian64's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well after 5 phone calls i have eventually been given an explanation as to why the operation was cancelled.I had AVN rods inserted in both hips in 2012 to support them and and try to prevent them from from collapsing,Before they can insert the new hip they need to remove the rods and as the rods have a special coating to bond them to the bone they need to use a special machine to remove them.There is only one machine owned by a private company and it is shared between hospitals and the hospital only gets it delivered the day before it is due to be used.when the equipment was delivered from another hospital one part was missing so they couldn't do the procedure.The company has ordered a new machine from abroad and it is meant to be delivered in the next few days but my consultant only has the theater on Tuesday.I asked if it was delivered would i get the operation next Tuesday or would the machine be moved to another hospital by then and she said she is not sure my Consultant is in theater and she will speak to him about when i should get rescheduled as it would mean cancelling other patients so i will have to wait and see.If they are going to do the Procedure next Tuesday then i would have to stop taking my medication today if not then i can restart it hopefully i should know one way or the other this afternoon.

Forum Saint
    View tonyreddevil's Feedback (+74)
    All-About tonyreddevil
    View tonyreddevil's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hope All Goes Well Brian.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by brian64 View Post
    Well after 5 phone calls i have eventually been given an explanation as to why the operation was cancelled.I had AVN rods inserted in both hips in 2012 to support them and and try to prevent them from from collapsing,Before they can insert the new hip they need to remove the rods and as the rods have a special coating to bond them to the bone they need to use a special machine to remove them.There is only one machine owned by a private company and it is shared between hospitals and the hospital only gets it delivered the day before it is due to be used.when the equipment was delivered from another hospital one part was missing so they couldn't do the procedure.The company has ordered a new machine from abroad and it is meant to be delivered in the next few days but my consultant only has the theater on Tuesday.I asked if it was delivered would i get the operation next Tuesday or would the machine be moved to another hospital by then and she said she is not sure my Consultant is in theater and she will speak to him about when i should get rescheduled as it would mean cancelling other patients so i will have to wait and see.If they are going to do the Procedure next Tuesday then i would have to stop taking my medication today if not then i can restart it hopefully i should know one way or the other this afternoon.
    Hi Brian, hope things were sorted for you. Have you had opportunity yet to speak with your Cardiologist about stopping the medication? I thought you were still off in post 3. Agree with Marie, this situation has to be frustrating. Sorry to see you going through this.

All-About brian64
    View brian64's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks all my consultant called and said the information i was give regarding the new machine been delivered in a few days was incorrect he has spoken to the firm supplying it and they can't give a date so he told me to start back on my medication for now and they will arrange the operation as soon as possible.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well, at least you know. Use the time to relax and recoup!! Hope it gets sorted soon for you!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

All-About brian64
    View brian64's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks for all the good wishes i don't mind having to wait so long as they keep me updated and there is always someone worse off,I had a call from a friend this morning who only lost his mum to cancer a few months ago to say his mum's brother lost his battle with lung caner during the night and another friend was diagnosed with lung cancer yesterday the hospital said it was HIV related cancer caused by his medication and toxins as has been HIV+ for over 20 yrs so in comparison a bit of hip pain is nothing and i am getting plenty of help from the HIV Charity i raise funds for they purchased a wheelchair for me and provide transport to my hospital appointments and i have friends who help me at home to do things i can't manage to do so i am very lucky a lot of people don't have any help or support at all.

Thread Information