Thread: Google Buy Button

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Google Buy Button

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-32915175

And the implications for eBid Sellers is ???????????? .... I can only wonder.

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Google Buy Button

Quote Originally Posted by cheaver View Post

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-32915175

And the implications for eBid Sellers is ???????????? .... I can only wonder.

Nothing

Its Paid For Google Ads.

Sellers of interesting items, stamps, postcards, collectables etc will not be disadvantaged by this action.
    Last edited by MPS16; 28th May 2015 at 04:01 PM.
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

Well it could work out quite nicely......

The theory goes that if they have a buy button then a new payment system will arrive shortly afterwards which will be based on accepting payments via your mobile. As they have said that the buy button will only be available for mobile shoppers then the theory seems more than likely.

Google Shopping is still dominated by the Bay listings.... if Google are going after the Amazon market which the bay are also trying to eat into then there is a conflict of interest between the two. Any conflict between the big guns is good news for eBid. As long as eBid can work with system then I don't really see any problem for here.

Just having a look at my recent sales resulting from Google Shopping it is probably around a 50% split between mobile and desktop, other sellers will be much higher on the mobile side. If eBid can work with the new system then it could save money, cpc costs money with only a fractional sell through rate. Depending on the details the cpc rate would drop in favour of the 'buy button' and that button should (or could) have a 100% sell through rate.

One would hope that management are already making enquiries.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deanosaur1972 View Post
    One would hope that management are already making enquiries.
    Well, the upcoming site revamp was reported to be to make it mobile friendly plus the mobile app (which I can't access because eBid will not make it available on Amazon Store) is getting an update. So, for once, eBid at least seems to be up with the game - rather than five years behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Well, the upcoming site revamp was reported to be to make it mobile friendly plus the mobile app (which I can't access because eBid will not make it available on Amazon Store) is getting an update. So, for once, eBid at least seems to be up with the game - rather than five years behind it.
    The analytic stats for mobile hits and the subsequent bounce rate would have really hurt eBid for the year before it finally got released last January (or February?), my individual stats in that time were bad enough. Seeing the pace of change month by month was spectacular, the apps went from being desirable to being absolutely critical. So I agree that the current site revamp is being very much up with the game.

If the Google buy button is an easy one for eBid to accept then everything could work out quite nicely. But I guess it is too early to have any definite idea until more details are forthcoming.

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

If the Google buy button is an easy one for eBid to accept then everything could work out quite nicely. But I guess it is too early to have any definite idea until more details are forthcoming.
    As a Google Merchant Partner (or whatever the term is) it could be hoped eBid was given a 'heads up' by Google. Though being a partner to Google may be a bit like us being 'all in it together' with politicians.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Though being a partner to Google may be a bit like us being 'all in it together' with politicians.
    I think that is likely to be the case, along the same lines that eBid are partners with Royal Mail.

Still I guess eBid does have a contact at Google? This is what I would have done (within minutes) - got in touch with them and volunteered eBid to trial it out. The chances of them accepting would be virtually non existent, but with the potential publicity at stake it would be daft not to.

I am not sure that Google will just do a universal roll out, previously on these type of developments they release to a very limited area (and then everything goes very slowly).

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

...(and then everything goes very slowly).
    A bit like chicken soup?

Thread Information