Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: How are you intending to vote in the EU Referendum?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Remain a member of the European Union.

15 21.43%
  • Leave the European Union.

45 64.29%
  • Undecided, but leaning towards 'Remain'.

3 4.29%
  • Undecided, but leaning towards 'Leave'.

7 10.00%
Page 15 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: The EU Referendum.

Ipswich - The Jewel Of The East -, Suffolk, United Kingdom
    View squern's Feedback (+2196)
    All-About squern
    View squern's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: The EU Referendum.

I’m starting a petition on the Government website, designed to crystallize the case for leaving the European Union.

By putting it into these terms, I believe it will make voters think about our current position and want them to change it.

It states,

"The 23 June should be designated as Independence Day, and celebrated annually".

So, will you please click on this link, and sign up.

If we achieve a Parliamentary debate, I think the scaremongering and mis-information can be overcome and that will force the “Stayers” to explain why they want to be subservient to a corrupt non-elected bureaucracy.

All-About squern
    View squern's Listings
    Forum Posts

Tony Blair wants us in. He says it's a Good Thing, and he knows one of them when he sees it.
    I believe everything this man says, and I hope you will all vote for him to be the next President of the EU, which he still wants.
    Oh, sorry, you can't vote for him can you - all EU presidents are appointed by unelected cronies.

All-About squern
    View squern's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    The unholy trinity who want us out. Rupert Murdoch, Nigel Farage and George Galloway. Say no more.
    Tony Blair wants us in. He says it's a Good Thing, and he knows one of them when he sees it.
    I believe everything this man says, and I hope you will all vote for him to be the next President of the EU, which he still wants.
    Oh, sorry, you can't vote for him can you - all EU presidents are appointed by unelected cronies.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by squern View Post
    just a side note am after a brass back ,sharpend, panel saw, and would look at a table saw,
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

View sherlock07's Feedback (+301)
    All-About sherlock07
    View sherlock07's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by squern View Post
    I’m starting a petition on the Government website, designed to crystallize the case for leaving the European Union.

By putting it into these terms, I believe it will make voters think about our current position and want them to change it.

It states,

"The 23 June should be designated as Independence Day, and celebrated annually".

So, will you please click on this link, and sign up.

If we achieve a Parliamentary debate, I think the scaremongering and mis-information can be overcome and that will force the “Stayers” to explain why they want to be subservient to a corrupt non-elected bureaucracy.

Just an observation, there is nothing on the petition page to say what it is about, anyone stumbling on it would not know what they are signing for.

Sherlock's Watches Store ~ Great Watches for the Family
    Sherlock's Bazaar
    ~ General Store

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sherlock07 View Post
    Just an observation, there is nothing on the petition page to say what it is about, anyone stumbling on it would not know what they are signing for.
    I believe it is hidden until it is approved as meeting the site criteria. The original link was maybe off. Try this one:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/123324

If people do not like the European Union and wish to leave, then in a democratic society it is their right to do so.

But for heaven’s sake please find out what you are talking about and get the facts straight.

All EU laws have to be agreed by both the European Parliament and by the Council of the European Union (called alternatively the Council of Ministers). Members of the European Parliament are elected direct by the citizens of the European Union. The Council of Ministers is attended by senior politicians from each member state, either by the Prime Minister or other senior national Government Minister according to matters under debate, who will have been elected democratically in their own countries. The EU law making process, therefore, is democratic. The European Commission can loosely be considered as something like the EU Civil Service and is staffed by employees. The European Commission does not pass laws or have any voting rights in passing laws. It does draft laws in response to strategic direction given to it by the Council of Ministers and by the European Parliament but is not the out of control institution seeking to legislate on every aspect of our lives that the British mainstream press make it out to be. There is no unelected bureaucracy in Brussels or Strasbourg passing EU laws.

There is no such position as President of the EU.

There is a President of the European Parliament. Parliament Presidents are voted in by the Members of the European Parliament and hold the post for 30 months. The post of President is more of an administrative and representative employment position than a political position.

There is the Presidency of the Council of Ministers which is held by a member state and rotates every six months such that it will take 14 years for every member state to have had its turn in holding the Presidency. There is also the post of President of the Council of Ministers which is held currently by Donald Tusk. People are appointed to the post of President of the Council by the ministerial representatives of the member states at the Council. Again, the post of President is more of an administrative and representative employment position than a political position.

There is also the post of President of the European Commission. Candidates for the post are proposed to the European Parliament by the Council of Ministers, and voting to appoint the President of the Commission is undertaken by the Members of the European Parliament. The President of the European Commission is accountable to the European Parliament. Again, the post of President is more of an administrative and representative employment position than a political position.

This all means that none of the Presidents of the three institutions are elected by unelected cronies. It also means that it is incorrect to say that the UK is subservient to a corrupt non-elected bureaucracy.

The importance of having correct facts in problem solving lies in the reality is that it is unlikely that correct solutions can be found until you have identified the problems correctly in the first place.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10051)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    I believe it is hidden until it is approved as meeting the site criteria. The original link was maybe off. Try this one:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/123324

Have just tried to look at the petition (not that I intend to sign it).
    I got this message

We’re checking this petition

5 people have already supported John Dodd’s petition.
    We need to check it meets the petition standards before we publish it.
    Please try again in a few days.

Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
    View olivia8143's Feedback (+1394)
    All-About olivia8143
    View olivia8143's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    Have just tried to look at the petition (not that I intend to sign it).
    I got this message

We’re checking this petition

5 people have already supported John Dodd’s petition.
    We need to check it meets the petition standards before we publish it.
    Please try again in a few days.
    Standards for petitions

We’ll only reject your petition if it’s:

• not clear what you're asking for
    • about something that the UK Government or Parliament is not responsible for
    • about something that’s the responsibility of a devolved body (eg the Scottish Parliament)
    • about a purely personal issue
    • confidential, libellous, false or defamatory
    • contains language that may cause offence, or is provocative or extreme in its views deceptive or misleading
    • advertising or spam
    • nonsensical, or a joke
    • party political

All-About squern
    View squern's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sherlock07 View Post
    The Government seem determined to avoid an adult discussion about our membership of the EU.
    They are relying on scaremongering and misinformation, when they should be giving facts and figures to support their argument.

In order to provoke a proper discussion, a petition might crystallize the case for leaving the European Union.

The petition states, “ The 23rd of June should be designated as Independence Day, and celebrated annually”

This is a tangential approach, because the Government website will not accept anything political.
    If you petitioned, "The government should discuss fully our EU membership, and provide balanced information so that voters can make an informed choice." it would be deemed political and rejected.

By putting it as a request for a day to mark our independence, it might cause both sides to concentrate on what independence is, and isn't.
    Perhaps they might get to the real reasons that people want to leave or stay.

Sorry if my previous postings seem a bit garbled - that is because I am a bit garbled.
    But I know what I mean, and hope you do too.

If we achieve a Parliamentary debate, I think “Project Fear” can be overcome, and that will force the “Stayers” to explain why they want to remain subservient to a non-elected bureaucracy.

Thread Information