eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Links to other sites

Forum Newbie
    View Renesean's Feedback (+764)
    All-About Renesean
    View Renesean's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Links to other sites

I contacted a collector site that shows the active listings for Ebay. I contacted them and asked them why they don't also add Ebid auctions. The reply was "No reason, other than the eBay api was straightforward to integrate." Does Ebid have the ability to connect with these sites to show our auctions?

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Links to other sites

If you mean the ability to show offsite web links, in your description, then the answer is no. We are not allowed to use links to other ecommerce sites.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10051)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    If you mean the ability to show offsite web links, in your description, then the answer is no. We are not allowed to use links to other ecommerce sites.
    I don't think this is about eBid members linking to an ecommerce site. I think this about a collector site which shows Ebay auctions. Apparently they would be prepared to do the same for eBid auctions but need to be able to integrate eBid's API. I don't know but I assume they provide a link to Ebay auctions.
    If this were to be possible for eBid auctions it would appear to be a very good way to advertise eBid at little or no cost.
    Please. Could you have a look at this, Gazza? Please.
    Last edited by tony41; 1st March 2016 at 05:35 PM.

Forum Newbie
    View Renesean's Feedback (+764)
    All-About Renesean
    View Renesean's Listings
    Forum Posts

From what I read, an api is a software issue, not a web link for someones individual description. I don't think its specific to a single auction but more specific to the website. I think my question is more for someone who's in charge of the site than for someone who is a lister. I may be wrong, but I think its equivalent to google showing auction listings but more specific to another location interested in certain types of listings.

Forum Master
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Renesean View Post
    From what I read, an api is a software issue, not a web link for someones individual description. I don't think its specific to a single auction but more specific to the website. I think my question is more for someone who's in charge of the site than for someone who is a lister. I may be wrong, but I think its equivalent to google showing auction listings but more specific to another location interested in certain types of listings.
    I think you are right which is why I asked Gazza to look into it. If it can be done I think it would be excellent.

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

AAAaaaah OK.
    This is a public forum for all members but you can contact support@ebid.net if you have questions specifically for them to help you, they are very good that way.
    Hope this helps.

Forum Master
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    AAAaaaah OK.
    This is a public forum for all members but you can contact support@ebid.net if you have questions specifically for them to help you, they are very good that way.
    Hope this helps.
    I would have thought that posting on Website Suggestions would be a good way to draw the Ebid's attention. In any case, this was not a question of asking for Support's help with a problem. It was more of a suggestion to assist eBid to get virtually free advertising which is why I tried to bring it to Gazza's attention in an earlier post on this thread.

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    I would have thought that posting on Website Suggestions would be a good way to draw the Ebid's attention. In any case, this was not a question of asking for Support's help with a problem. It was more of a suggestion to assist eBid to get virtually free advertising which is why I tried to bring it to Gazza's attention in an earlier post on this thread.
    It is but the OP did say: "I think my question is more for someone who's in charge of the site than for someone who is a lister" which then lead me to understand that asking directly via support was the way to go.

Forum Master
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Bump!!!

I contacted a collector site that shows the active listings for Ebay. I contacted them and asked them why they don't also add Ebid auctions. The reply was "No reason, other than the eBay api was straightforward to integrate." Does Ebid have the ability to connect with these sites to show our auctions?
    See http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...-eBid-API-Help

Ebid does, allegedly, have an API available. Maybe you should go back to the collector site and point this out?
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Thread Information