My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Cocktails!!! and Music

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

Well hi there Sandy! Welcome to the cocktail lounge!
    You know, I can almost smell that ham, beans and corn bread a cooking!
    We will get our plates ready for a sample of your fine cooking .....
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Hi Trish, Thanks for the welcome. I was here a while back, then got to wondering around the web. Sooo, I'm back again. Hope my cooking is up to everyone's expectations...lol.

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi all & G'day Sandy - can I bring me bowl

Well I'm just back from a little trip up to Maleny, about an hour north east of here, for their annual Wood Expo. (goes for 3 days)
    Huge crowd & lots to see, do & buy There are instrument makers, furniture, carvings, whittling, & all manner of wood crafts & their associated tools etc. etc. etc.
    Oh, did I mention the chainsaw carving demonstrations (unreal)
    https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&r..._58mQDlFUTtdPw

As you might expect - I just had to have this for the bar (my favourite tipple) You know me - I obey all signs, so this is going somewhere quite prominent.

PS - should have found a bigger bowl while there!
    Last edited by Oldandintheway; 30th April 2016 at 06:42 AM. Reason: Added PS

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Greetings

Well, I should have kept my mouth shut about things geting back to normal with my boys.

2 of my boys (dads of Mia and Mikey) work in the same call management centre for a major organisation (Home Retail Group).
    Mia's dad is a manager and Mikey's dad is part of his team.
    The company was recently taken over by Sainsbury's.
    Yesterday was a bad day, Mia's dad had to terminate the contracts of many members of staff.
    One of them was Mikey's dad
    It was a case of last in first out, the norm after a takeover.
    So, one on the phone feeling guilty and a visit from another very upset son.
    Luckily they are very close to each other and there was no bad feelings between them.
    Imagine going to your mum's funeral on Monday and losing your job on the Friday!
    So, father of 2 now looking for work.
    Life can be so cr@p at times.

Trish, I feel so sorry for you, losing a companion is not easy to cope with.

All this talk of slow cookers (crockpots) and food! I need to make myself some spicey veg stew....NOW!!

The sun is now trying to shine here, but it's still very cold.
    I've got my garden door open and just laughing (quietly) at 5 squirrels nibbling at my nuts and chasing each other, I'll try to film them.

Now we need a bit of a choon to lift the mood

and a cuppa..

Attachment 52849

Have a great day

oh, nearly forgot to say welcome to hopeful
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Thanks for the Welcome guys. I appreciate it.

The ham n beans are in the crock pot. Hope they turn out good...always cooked them on the stove before. And Of course the corn bread will be delish...

Hi Sandy, glad you found us. My friend Jo used to live next door to me, one night I was cooking corn bread and we had a thunder and lightning storm, the power went down and my corn bread was ruined. Later on in that season we had another power outage and this time Jo was cooking corn bread. Neither one of us has made much cornbread since. I put 3 different kinds of beans in that particular pot - Great Northern, Black and Red Kidney Beans. I have done a bit with the White Kidney Beans of late also. They're new to me, but I think I like them better than the reds.

Old - is Bundy O'clock around the same time as beer thirty?

We had a nice wet snow fall and believe it or not - no wind! Only stuck to the grass, but there is plenty of mud out there.

Here is what I did yesterday -
    Name:  Pillowcase2.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  63.0 KB

We used to sleep on a satin pillow to keep our bee hive hairdos in place until the next appointment at the beauty parlor and I read an article that said silky pillow cases were better for hair especially gray hair, so I decided to try it. My hair wasn't standing on end so much this morning and it feels better. I cut out 2 King Size and 1 Standard out of that piece of fabric, so there maybe some for sale soon.

<a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

Hi Carol, you and your friend will have to only bake corn bread when the sun shines lol. I have only made ham and beans with either white [great northern] or pinto beans. Love both. Never tried any combos.

Those satin pillows sound great. My hair is getting thin and I get up in the morning and it is laying every which way. Upsetting, I used to have really thick hair.

Forum Saint
    All-About Oldandintheway
    Forum Posts

Wow Graham, you guys sure are goin' thru a rough patch!
    At least one guy has his job, & hopefully can keep his ear to the ground for the other bloke.
    Surely things'll have to pick up from here on.
    Gotta love the Quo Here's a few others to be goin' on with.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCDZzf4ragg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJUhlRoBL8M
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a502RejLz8s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkrF8uC92O4 (this should have won it IMHO)

Wyo - yep! one & the same with beer30 You're having good craft working weather over there!
    Well I finally got some rain overnight & it's still overcast & near constant drizzle here ATM - YaHoo!

Oooh that satin pillow looks lovely Wyo - I bought purple satin sheets, duvet covers and pillowcases for the twin beds in the spare room as was - sometimes I would sneak in there and sleep in the beds - lovely to feel satin next to your skin, but the darn duvets kept slipping off the bed!

Old, oh I just love your new beautifully carved Bundy sign - sure wished we could pull up a chair together in your bar and partake of a few shots of that good stuff.
    Don't suppose you have found a jukebox yet to go in there, have you?
    Talking of music, bawled my eyes out at the Bright Eyes choon - I'm still a bit raw over losing Kaiser and his eyes were always so bright ......
    Just cannot bear to watch my favourite film anymore ....... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xeu54oBatf0
    .... get the box of tissues out ....

Posbear, I'm so sad for you and your sons. You guys really are going through a terrible time. I do hope that things will improve for them, and your unemployed son can find a suitable job pretty soon (easily said than done I know).
    I'm in the same boat as you - last Friday Lucia lost her job, Kaiser died, and during the week her car failed it's MOT and her boyfriend dumped her AGAIN - he did the same a couple of weeks before but he said he was sorry, promised never to hurt her again and she took him back coz she loves him so much.
    I have one very broken hearted daughter at the moment.
    As if that wasn't enough Debbie (2nd of the four daughters) phoned tonight - she is also dreadfully upset. Her Boxer dog Lewie has had to be put down, he was 12. She has major (too private to mention here) problems with some of her (7) kids too, they are all mostly grown up - apart from Taylor the youngest aged 9, the eldest is 27 - she is crying and I feel so helpless, my heart is so heavy for her. All I could do was offer advice, sympathy, love and compassion. Gosh, it's hard being a parent .......

Carol, I'm same as you - I used to have really thick hair too, and when I get up in the morning I look as if I have shoved my finger in an electric socket -
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Forum Saint
    All-About Oldandintheway
    Forum Posts

G'day all - SURE C'mon down
    Here's the bar with new sign installed & also the empty bottle & can display racks waiting to be filled
    It's a tough job emptying all those, but somebody has to do it.

As I said in another thread & for those that missed it, Bro & Sil are expecting their first grandie, a girl, on the 6th October - so yours truly is about to become an uncle
    Does that make me "Uncle Old" OR the "Old Uncle" ( the latter I suspect)

Hope everyone finds employment & gets over their probs ASAP - & yes - I bawled through Dances with Wolves also, a top movie!

Thread Information