Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Was looking through some posts & overpriced with unreasonable terms I noticed.

Glasgow, Glasgow (City of), United Kingdom
    View paul2510's Feedback (+382)
    All-About paul2510
    View paul2510's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Was looking through some posts & overpriced with unreasonable terms I noticed.

Seriously, how can a buyer dictate the following terms " If you are not completely satisfied you can return the ****** for any reason whatsoever at YOUR cost and risk for a FULL refund of the cost of the ******* excluding the shipping and handling charges and less any PayPal fees once the ******* have been safely returned to me in the same condition as they were sent out. No responsibility or liability whatsoever is accepted for lost or damaged items which are not insured and unless you instruct me otherwise you will be charged for uninsured postage. You confirm that by bidding you accept these terms and will make no claim with paypal if an item is unreceived or damaged. These terms are bang out of order, I mean less any PayPal fees that they will get refunded but won't refund you and only buy if for some reason they get lost, damaged you won't make a claim, seriously...What happens if they don't send them you just take it in your stride... Ebid has certainly changed over the years...

View madelaine's Feedback (+5881)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Was looking through some posts & overpriced with unreasonable terms I noticed.

I rather imagine that such a seller will not sell much.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

All-About paul2510
    View paul2510's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Was looking through some posts & overpriced with unreasonable terms I noticed.

Very true indeed. If an item is faulty then I would say 100% refund including return postage but if the buyer just changed their mind then yes they would need to pay the return postage but the rest of the terms are basically barmy.

I don't think this is a typical eBid seller.

And I agree with Madelaine. I'm sure sometime in the future this seller will be posting a very negative complaint that he or she hasn't sold anything on eBid.

He cant stop anyone claiming their money back through paypal. so he is on a looser from the start.

All-About paul2510
    View paul2510's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yip that he can't as once a claim is opened with PayPal. Some buyers if any will probably go along with it not know the difference.

Thread Information