"Only when the last tree has died,? the last river been poisoned,? and the last fish been caught? will we realize we cannot eat money."

"We are the natural nurturers of the Earth Mother. The Earth Mother needs our help, she needs our prayers. We need to educate the women of the world that prayer works."

"When a man does a piece of work which is admired by all we say that it is wonderful; but when we see the changes of day and night, the sun, the moon, and the stars in the sky, and the changing seasons upon the earth, with their ripening fruits, anyone must realize that it is the work of someone more powerful than man."
"The frog does not drink up the pond in which he lives."

"One does not sell the earth upon which the people walk."

"When the earth is sick, the animals will begin to disappear. When that happens, The Warriors of the Rainbow will come to save them."

"We must protect the forests for our children, grandchildren and children yet to be born. We must protect the forests for those who can't speak for themselves such as the birds, animals, fish and trees."

"I love the land of winding waters more than all the rest of the world. A man who would not love his father's grave is worse than a wild animal."

"I was warmed by the sun, rocked by the winds and sheltered by the trees, as other babes. I can go everywhere with a good feeling."

"The land is sacred. These words are at the core of your being. The land is our mother, the rivers our blood. Take our land away and we die. That is, the Indian in us dies."

"The ground on which we stand is sacred ground. It is the blood of our ancestors."

The Great Spirit is in all things: he is in the air we breathe. The Great Spirit is our father, but the earth is our mother. She nourishes us; that which we put into the ground she returns to us."

"Treat the earth well. It was not given to you by your parents—it was loaned to you by your children."

"Man's heart, away from nature, becomes hard."