Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Need Ebid Members help with a small problem

Forum Newbie
    View pinefalls's Feedback (+1)
    All-About pinefalls
    View pinefalls's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Need Ebid Members help with a small problem

By the way all this attention I got from this post I got my first bid and am going to sell my first item YAHOOOOOO

Dakota, I think that it is such a shame that corruption is found at all levels of government. You mentioned in your original post that there was corruption in the band and that these people were not getting the help that they needed. Everywhere a person seems to look there are crooked and corrupt / greedy people whether the government is the band leaders on a reservation, or the governments of towns, cities, provinces or the federal government. Such a disgrace that band leaders take the money received from the government and don't manage it to the benefit of the people that it is supposed to be for.

I hope that help comes for the family that you write about.

And, I'm glad that you got a bid on your listing. Good to hear.

Forum Newbie
    All-About pinefalls
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FirstGreenIsGold View Post
    Dakota, I think that it is such a shame that corruption is found at all levels of government. You mentioned in your original post that there was corruption in the band and that these people were not getting the help that they needed. Everywhere a person seems to look there are crooked and corrupt / greedy people whether the government is the band leaders on a reservation, or the governments of towns, cities, provinces or the federal government. Such a disgrace that band leaders take the money received from the government and don't manage it to the benefit of the people that it is supposed to be for.

I hope that help comes for the family that you write about.

And, I'm glad that you got a bid on your listing. Good to hear.

Thank you for the kind words,,yes it is sad that we have this level of people who do not think of the benifits of there communities,,,they only think of the greed so they prosper,,,however a new election is coming soon and hopefully we have a better administration in the proper areas of desperate fields,,,,Christmas is suppose to be a time of year where we give a little to help the less fortunate,,,,but life seems not to follow that path,,,Today I went to a families home I do not know I seen them on the CBS News they are a family shipped here from the war that got a pass to live in canada and we meet at a coffee shop and I bought them groceries and a christmas tree and some gifts and it really made my heart sore,,,,just wish there were more people in this life that could help this family,,I have given over $1000.00 dollars in cash,food,clothing etc,,,,however I cannot spare anymore at this time,,,thank you once again for the kind word and the incurragement and I wish you the most happy and safe christmas and new year Dakota

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by olivia8143 View Post
    Typical of a UKIP supporter to pick out a small quote from a long and detailed report to blame the victims.
    Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    It's what they do. Find a scapegoat to throw the blame on.
    Really?...I am a UKIP supporter and I know plenty of others who are and none of us go about cherry picking as a rule.

Forum Newbie
    All-About pinefalls
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post
    Really?...I am a UKIP supporter and I know plenty of others who are and none of us go about cherry picking as a rule.
    The user they are talking about put a link on the topic here and it was about the first nation community where these people live and he made it sound that everyone there causes there own problems,,,,I believe the post was removed by the admin and it upset quite a few people,,,,here is the quote with part of the topic

7th December 2016, 11:26 AM #9

Quote Originally Posted by pinefalls View Post
    some time ago I wrote a blurb in the charity section on ebid about a family in real need,,,they live here in Sagkeeng First Nations...they lost there boy and had a major fire that wiped everything out and the reserve is not helping them at all,,(because of the curruption in the band office)........
    This is an informative article which I found using the search terms "Sagkeeng First Nations"

"The band tried installing smoke alarms in some older homes a while ago, McDougall said, but people soon were asking for them to be removed, because their cooking fumes and tobacco were regularly setting them off."

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...ticle22112419/
    Last edited by pinefalls; 12th December 2016 at 04:38 AM.

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Oh....I get you...anyone who wants to find fault will find it,

There are charity workers in Africa who found that they have a job and a half monitoring water pumps as the locals sometimes didn't learn the skills needed to perform more than basic maintenance of the pumps.

This observation has been used as the rallying cry of those wanting the UK government to stop foreign aid when the pumps are installed by charities.

I'm not happy painting people the same colour based on their political views and so on so I'm thinking the discussion that railroaded your thread could have been carried on some place else,

Forum Newbie
    All-About pinefalls
    Forum Posts

this is why I usually tell people to think before they speak,,,,what does not wanting a smoke detector in your home have to do with helping a family in need?????and explain why when it comes to first nations people there always seems to be the pointing of fingers,,,,,If this was a non-aboriginal family I am sure the donations would be rolling in....The person we are talking about wrote what he wrote there is no denying that fact,,,it has been removed,,,so the damage is already done,,,the fact remains that there is still a family in desperate need of food,clothing and just someone who cares,,,,I hope you (Moonwitch)have a wonderful and safe holiday and best wishes in the coming new year here on Ebid

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pinefalls View Post
    this is why I usually tell people to think before they speak,,,,what does not wanting a smoke detector in your home have to do with helping a family in need?????and explain why when it comes to first nations people there always seems to be the pointing of fingers,,,,,If this was a non-aboriginal family I am sure the donations would be rolling in....The person we are talking about wrote what he wrote there is no denying that fact,,,it has been removed,,,so the damage is already done,,,the fact remains that there is still a family in desperate need of food,clothing and just someone who cares,,,,I hope you (Moonwitch)have a wonderful and safe holiday and best wishes in the coming new year here on Ebid

post 9 has not been removed, post 9 starts with a none biased description of the link to the story, the author of post nine then gives a quote out of the link, then the author posts the link to the full story,

i really dont see the author as doing any thing wrong, what you must remember is the author is on one end of the political spectrum while the authors of 10 and 12 are on the other end, posts 10 and 12 added nothing to the thread except a attack on a post that's was very relevant to the thread, you may not agree with the quote but it was hardly isolated with a link to the whole source, rather than attack the author of post 9 , the authors of 10 and 12 had the ability to take there own quotes from the link to reason if they felt the need, clearly a attack on author of post nine who never mentioned or insinuated his political beliefs in post 9 , are unfounded , i therefore rule that the authors of posts 10 and 12 should stand trial for bringing the thread into disrepute , antagonising and intimidating , it is worthy of note that the author of post 9 never retaliated under the provocation and has added greatly to the thread in producing a link that explains some what a deeper understanding of the issue, 12/12/2016
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Forum Newbie
    All-About pinefalls
    Forum Posts

I clearly am baffled at this whole thing,,,I wrote a quote about a family in need and where is the compassion towards there needs????people are writting about a quote someone made or a link that was posted and not once have I seen anyone (Except a Few) quote about the real issue here.....No two people are alike nor will they agree on the same topic all the time,,,this is a cry for help for a family in real crisis,who have nothing to give there children or nothing to share or eat at this christmas dinner,,,,so please explain to me why we are still on the topic of this persons forum comment???let us focus on the human beings that are starving while we sit in our warm homes and eat whenever we are hungry....thank you Dakota

Thread Information