Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: 'run until sold' listings being closed .....

Forum Lurker
    View Sopicat1's Feedback (+1)
    All-About Sopicat1
    View Sopicat1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default 'run until sold' listings being closed .....

Can anyone tell me why my listings are being closed so I have to relist ? in spite of the fact I am a seller+ and clearly select 'run until sold' - thank you.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: 'run until sold' listings being closed .....

Quote Originally Posted by Sopicat1 View Post
    Can anyone tell me why my listings are being closed so I have to relist ? in spite of the fact I am a seller+ and clearly select 'run until sold' - thank you.

From the Help pages:

Run Until Sold items will be removed from sale if the seller does not login to eBid for 60 days. If the seller remains a regular user of eBid then RUS items won't be removed from sale automatically.

If the above doesn't apply then I have no clue..... in your place I would ask Support.
    (ps being active and signed in on Forum doesn't mean you are signed in to eBid.)

Forum Lurker
    All-About Sopicat1
    View Sopicat1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks for your reply. I check in several times a week, sometimes 2/3 a day and am logged in to Ebid as well as the forums.
    I'll ask support.
    thanks again

Some of your shoes are duplicate listings. Duplicates are not allowed on eBid so if you were using the same title on more than one listing the eBid software would close the extra items.

Forum Lurker
    All-About Sopicat1
    View Sopicat1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well that's very strange, I received notification from Ebid to say that some listings had been closed because of no sale, and would I want to relist ? so I took Ebids word for it and relisted, and now it seems that they hadn't been removed at all, hence the duplicate listings !!
    Next time (if) I get notifications like that again, I'll check my listings to see if they have in fact been removed or not !
    Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Sopicat1 View Post
    Well that's very strange, I received notification from Ebid to say that some listings had been closed because of no sale, and would I want to relist ? so I took Ebids word for it and relisted, and now it seems that they hadn't been removed at all, hence the duplicate listings !!
    Next time (if) I get notifications like that again, I'll check my listings to see if they have in fact been removed or not !
    Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Those two shoe listings that had the duplicates are not on 'run until sold' hence the reason why they closed.

It is in fact better not to have your listings on 'run until sold' as then they will move up the eBid lists to the top. You can use the automatic re-post button and set it to ten re-posts so you don't have to relist each week. I have mine set to eight days on ten automatic re-posts but you can set however many days you want them to run.

Thread Information