Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

View madelaine's Feedback (+5881)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Just a note to say that I'm so sick of trying to help the dark side refugees and then being told that I know nothing and I'm wrong that I'm taking a break from the forums. I'm OK - just going to do other stuff.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

View theElench's Feedback (+94)
    All-About theElench
    View theElench's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    Just a note to say that I'm so sick of trying to help the dark side refugees and then being told that I know nothing and I'm wrong that I'm taking a break from the forums. I'm OK - just going to do other stuff.
    Don't do that Madelaine! I haven't always agreed with what you say but it is always worth reading, especially your knowledge of how ebid works (or sometimes doesn't). I've just glanced at the "Great Site..." thread and my heart sank. Haven't fully read all those new posts but got the gist. Years of business experience / Everything analysed to 0.0001p / This is the only model to expand sellers/ebids bottom lines, which is the be all and end all of the site. Everything I came here to get away from on obay.

That way of thinking permeates their boards, they're dominated by the same mind-set. It's a big part of why non-business sellers are so few on their boards and why they're so soulless and pro-obay. Ebid is portrayed as a failure for itself and its sellers, non-viable as a business proposition and will stay that way unless re-made in the image of obay. Which, once they've cleared the opposition from the boards, will be their goal. Resistance to assimilation is never futile!!!
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10051)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

I hope it's just a break and not goodbye. Don't let them get at you.

Don't go Madelaine, just restrict yourself to what you post, I know it's hard to not try and help, but you have to sometimes for your own sanity

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Please Madelaine don't go, you do know what you are talking about. Hope you are okay,

Hope everyone is okay, suddenly people who are into sport must be very Happy with suddenly or the sport happening,

Hope everyone has not suffered so bad as some parts of Somerset ,the roads have ripped up in the Chard area with all the rain.

Ello troops. I completely understand your feelings Drill Sergeant Madelaine. I don't often visit now after hostility from a newbie who was very rude to me and then the thread vanished, I didn't report it but someone else must have or the Generals at eBid Towers spotted it. You are not allowed to go AWOL from the barracks though as I need you to keep the troops healthy and guarding our precious listings !

Sadly after much deliberation I have decided to take off European postage. At the moment I can't deal with any more stress and having to use my own printer ink and postage labels bumping up costs on top of the already hefty PayPal fees and trying to find stupid HS tarriff numbers from the very confusing government lists just isn't worth the hassle for me at the moment. In case any of you are wondering what eBid are doing about it all I had this reply from support.
    At the moment we are still waiting for our IOSS registration number to come back. Once we receive it (anticipate next 14 days), we will be implementing the necessary requirements. This will take the burden off you to charge VAT. We will do this for you.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5881)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'll return - taking July off - in the meantime, I'll be carrying on with listing to get the numbers up and be ready when the weather turns nasty and stamp collectors move indoors and start shoppping.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

I have finished my last cupboard but i have some strange bits left over no idea where they should have gone or what they are just the doors to go on ( that i cant do on my own) new little table has come for the breakfast room and the dining room is almost finished just a few bits left waiting to go in the shed when the new roof is done tomorrow hopefully, then i will be bankrupt but the house will be tidy ( sort of ) more stuff going to the tip on Friday.

View Policequilts's Feedback (+996)
    All-About Policequilts
    View Policequilts's Listings
    Forum Posts

I keep finding things at the resale shop to sell, but I haven't had the time to get items ready to list.

When I have time to take pictures, the day is gloomy, raining or too windy.
    After Thursday, I should finally have some time to do my own work again. I want to get the back garden looking like a garden and get my started plants planted.

I have two garage doors to work on. One of them scares me because I need to secure the spring so that I can unwrap the cable from the roller wheels. I keep putting this off, but I need to get it done. Because of the door, I have been putting off cleaning the garage and this really needs to be done. I know I have tools someplace that are misplaced. I would be lost if I I couldn't find my large socket set, red handle hammer and pliers. Anything else, I can deal with.

all Mikes tools are going in the shed in grates with lids on and marked on the boxs whats in each when it's had the roof done, we are finding tools i have never seen in my life before that the little sod has sneaked in, i cant see my kitchen floor for crates and other assorted to go in the shed crap, only problem i am dreading is the shed has 2 sheets of asbestos on it

Thread Information