Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    Good thinking there Chocolate chops.
    I just had to go and put some jaffa cakes on my asda order
    Got a bonus with my order. If Sainsburys do a substitute and it costs more than what you ordered, they charge the price you were originally expected to pay. So I got a pack of 9 cadbury flakes for a £1 instead of £2.50 because the cheaper pack of 4 ordered was out of stock

The balance is paid directly into my bank account. Had I sent the flakes back then I would have ended up with no flakes and a £1 voucher
    Last edited by chocolateface60; 14th August 2021 at 07:26 PM.
    “When life gives you a Monday, dip it in glitter and sparkle all day” – Ella Woodword

well done you, the most i have gotten is 5 eggs free when the driver found the box was one short so he gave them to me minus the box

View BigKidsAttic's Feedback (+3729)
    All-About BigKidsAttic
    View BigKidsAttic's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chocolateface60 View Post
    Got a bonus with my order. If Sainsburys do a substitute and it costs more than what you ordered, they charge the price you were originally expected to pay. So I got a pack of 9 cadbury flakes for a £1 instead of £2.50 because the cheaper pack of 4 ordered was out of stock
    My understanding from using them is that you get charged the full price of the substitute, but get the difference back as an online voucher.
    BigKidsAttic - Action Figure Adoption Agency (Fee's Appy), and supplier of collectible comics.

Forum Saint
    Kingswinford, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View crafters_corner_2's Feedback (+327)
    All-About crafters_corner_2
    View crafters_corner_2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BigKidsAttic View Post
    My understanding from using them is that you get charged the full price of the substitute, but get the difference back as an online voucher.
    That IS how it is. If you return a substitute, you are refunded straight onto your card. If you accept a substitute of higher price, the difference is refunded IN VOUCHERS. This is why I stopped using them, more and more substitutes each time and forced to keep using them in order to get the refund.

Quote Originally Posted by love_to_stitch View Post
    That IS how it is. If you return a substitute, you are refunded straight onto your card. If you accept a substitute of higher price, the difference is refunded IN VOUCHERS. This is why I stopped using them, more and more substitutes each time and forced to keep using them in order to get the refund.
    There's no pleasing some people. If I don't want a voucher then I would return the item.

So basically, if I had done that with the flakes then I would have got no flakes and refunded £1 for 4 flakes I didn't accept rather than accept the 9 flakes and get the voucher to spend on my next shop there a few days later.

The way I see it, a voucher often works out saving me money as I shop there twice a week
    “When life gives you a Monday, dip it in glitter and sparkle all day” – Ella Woodword

Quote Originally Posted by BigKidsAttic View Post
    I still ended up paying for 4 flakes and received 9. Whether that was sorted on the day or a few days later when my next shop was due. just means I got more for my money

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    well done you, the most i have gotten is 5 eggs free when the driver found the box was one short so he gave them to me minus the box
    That's bonkers. I ended up not paying for my eggs and kept the box when they arrived with one egg broken

Forum Saint
    Kingswinford, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View crafters_corner_2's Feedback (+327)
    All-About crafters_corner_2
    View crafters_corner_2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chocolateface60 View Post
    There's no pleasing some people. If I don't want a voucher then I would return the item.

So basically, if I had done that with the flakes then I would have got no flakes and refunded £1 for 4 flakes I didn't accept rather than accept the 9 flakes and get the voucher to spend on my next shop there a few days later.

The way I see it, a voucher often works out saving me money as I shop there twice a week

Like I said, I was getting too many substitutes. The whole point of on-line shopping, is to save going OUT shopping. If I had returned all the substitutes I was getting, I would have to go to Sainsbury's which is a pointless exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by love_to_stitch View Post

Like I said, I was getting too many substitutes. The whole point of on-line shopping, is to save going OUT shopping. If I had returned all the substitutes I was getting, I would have to go to Sainsbury's which is a pointless exercise.

I don't have the luxury of being able to go out to the shops so I use a whole bunch of on-line stores

I just make sure I don't accept substitutes for a lot of the items. We have things missing too and haven't managed to starve.

I've been buying on-line just about as long as the supermarkets have been doing this so plan my meals around what turns up on the day

I dont get substitutes I just tick no substitutes and if i do forget to tick and they send any and i hand them back the money is deducted at the front door with Asda.

Thread Information