eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: kitty litter

Quote Originally Posted by abitofvarious
    and don't forget to tie a piece of buttered toast to its back first
    How many times do we have to go over it, put the cat in a carpet lined box first!

minky

i used to use the compressed wood pellets one, cant think off top of head what it is called, but it was brilliant, stopped odours the lot, just had little cat paw prints in sawdust

Quote Originally Posted by traceymole
    minky

i used to use the compressed wood pellets one, cant think off top of head what it is called, but it was brilliant, stopped odours the lot, just had little cat paw prints in sawdust
    Hiya Minky

We use one very similar this this one Tracey mentions - its called Pretty Cat and we get it from Pets At Home. It is fab and not too messy if you can tolerate the sawdust catprints all over the carpet!!
    I'm an untrustworthy slapper

All-About raphael
    View raphael's Listings
    Forum Posts

...we found the only thing that keeps the smell at bay, requires very little maintenance, and its totally non-toxic....

is a cat flap.

We tried a few before we settled on "The Words Best Cat Litter". We have a 2yr old Ragdoll and a 6month Bengal kitten who both use it.
    The cheapest I have seen for this is Surreypetsupplies.co.uk

hi minky

we use tesco premium woodbased cat litter

the wood based litter is far better cos you dont
    breathe any of the litter in and they cant kick it
    all over the place LOL

He still manages to get some out of the litter tray
    over the floor but its much better than catsan or
    any of the others.

Ive had Catsan, the Bob Martin Litter Crystals the
    Thomas stuff as mentioned before,
    Asda's own brand (which is cr@p) and the wood based
    litter from Pets at Home too.

Woodbased is definitely the way to go

steph

Battersea, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View rainbowcraft's Feedback (+2067)
    All-About rainbowcraft
    View rainbowcraft's Listings
    Forum Posts

Use the wood one - I used to buy mine from the market - no clumping, and smells great every time it gets damp

I have a mix of the cheap value brand at the bottom, and wood pellet cat litter on the top - I have three cats, three litter trays and still go through about 40 litres of cat litter in a week (I need arms like Popeye to lift it all). I've tried allsorts of stuff, and I'm not happy with any of it.

I can understand what you mean about the clay/fullers earth stuff - when you change it, the dust from it goes everywhere, gets in your eyes, nose, you can feel it stuck in your chest and can't get your breath properly - eek - am going to try and get one of those anti-dust DIY masks to wear when I am changing the litter.

I did think of letting them go in next door's garden, unfortunately a rather large Rottweiler living there made me think perhaps not....

Thanks for posting the article, minkyrra. I buy a clumping litter for my cat, but may have to rethink it.

Chris

View minkyrra's Feedback (+1752)
    All-About minkyrra
    View minkyrra's Listings
    Forum Posts

thank you everyone

welcome to the kt, all those that are new

and finally a thank you for the input from the kts scientific community

so...

went out and got some wood based pellets, sprinkled some on top of their other litter to introduce them to it.

unfortunately they both decided to have the squits yesterday.

so had to change the litter a few times, as well as clean the floor around the trays

because of having to change it a few times i ran out of the old litter, and had to use just the new one.

they dont like it. they wont stand on it.

had one standing on the edge of the tray, mewling loudly. then walking around the room crying, before finally trying to dig the curtain end which was resting on a cardboard box by the window.

luckily i saw what was going to happen so intervened. had to put newspaper over the pellet litter and poor thing.... well to put it mildly it was like farty gravy.

trust me to pick the day they get bad tummies to try and use new litter

sooooo o/h had to go out on an emergency mission sunday evening (yes, when all the supermarkets shut early) to find some different, any old litter.

we now have a combination of the two. cats are still being fussy.

as for their tummies, i dont know yet, but wont feed them again until later today.

i think it was my fault giving them too much food yesterday morning, i got a bit distracted as i was measuring out their biscuits... little piggies

well, i do hope you read this after lunch rather than before

thanks again everyone

Thread Information