13 25.49%
  • 0-25

14 27.45%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: what part of your day is spent online

Default what part of your day is spent online

and what do you do online, work/play and what ratio

do you think it takes a certain personality/lifestyle to use the net alot
    is there anything wrong with being online for whatever reason as opposed to REAL life............

arent there more positive things about the internet than negatives?

also is not the www more interesting/user friendly than the television all in all i mean, ok theres times you wanna slump in front of tv for hours on end..........
    Last edited by emma5721; 19th February 2005 at 07:50 PM.

Some puters are on 24/7 and others as required...
    I keep an eye on emails, sales and news between going out shopping and doing jobs around the house...I enjoy video transfer work, including backing up some 35mm slides, watching films, autocad and graphics, listening to music...just finished recabling the whole setup and installed a dedicated linux firewall puter...

View GirlPlanet's Feedback (+42)
    All-About GirlPlanet
    View GirlPlanet's Listings
    Forum Posts

my pc's, works and home are on majority of the day everyday.

at work i go online and chat on forums and other stuff, then i'll wander off to serve customers, go for a fag, make a cuppa, tidy around the shop. Do a stock list for next visit to wholesalers, sometimes pop in to sandwich shop.

At home its a case of spend a bit of time on puter, spend time with kids, school runs and clean me house, most of me time on puter is at work or nightime when kids are in bed. I rarely use messengers when working cos of customers. Only time i will stick msn on is if i am sending hubby some pics for websites.

hiya I log in as soon as I get up cos I have my own website so need to see whats been happneing overnight. I check in literally all day right up until I go to bed lol, bouncing between my site, ivillage and here as far as message forums go.

A lot of what I do is work related ..... browsing a forces families forum i get news and info that is relevant to my site, so I can pass on info both back to people who posted something interesting on that forum and also post any of the info they have on my site.

I also spend a lot of time on the news websites - both mainstream news and also military news sites. Again, relelvant info is then submitted to my site for people. Hard going, but certainly NOT boring

We have a hugs arcade too on our site ... its for subscribed members only but with about 60 games there's huge competition between members to snaffle the top spot for the week. We reset the scores every Sunday night and Monday monrings are just hilarious with people trying to bag as many trophies as they can hahahaha. Its thankfully not as time consuming now to reset as it was at the start because we now have categories for the games. The first 3 days of the month though we open the arcade to all registered users and thats a lot more difficult because of readjusting permissions. Worth it though, we get maga high hits on the site

Thankfully since coming to ebid I dont have the frantic and obsessive watchin gof auctions which I had with espit .... here if it sells it sells and I get a notification immediately. If it doesnt sell whoop-de-doo it just auto-reposts. Fabulous!!! I used to spend at least an hour everyday on espit sorting out auctions and that was with only a dozen max. Here I can have 3 dozen going on 2 seperate identities and manage everything in about 15mins. Thanks eBid for saving me loads of time on niffnaff and trivia

Oh, and of course I am a mum of 3, with one at nursery so only in school half the day. And DH is in the RAF so I have to also juggle his shifts ... worst time is when he's on nights and I have to make the kids tiptoe around lol.

So thats my basic day online .... best part about it is I dont really have much of a social life outside the home, its very dull up where I am, so having adult conversation online is great. We might not talk politics or rocket science but working out cats/buttered toas problems and making error messages is what keeps me sane.

I htink you have to be an open-minded person to use the net as much as many of us do. I find that those who say we are mouse-potatoes and need to get out more (pmsl) and try to increase our intellect are less workdly-wise than us who surf the net all day. We may not be in "importatn" time consuming high powered jobs but we are not stupid and we certainly can learn far more about current affairs just playing on message forums than those who limit their net usage to an hour or so downloading emails a week lol.

Afterall, isnt the internet just one massive encyclopaedia of knoweldge waiting to be explored?

Hugs to all us mouse-potatoes

Vik xxx

htink you have to be an open-minded person to use the net as much as many of us do. I find that those who say we are mouse-potatoes and need to get out more (pmsl) and try to increase our intellect are less workdly-wise than us who surf the net all day. We may not be in "importatn" time consuming high powered jobs but we are not stupid and we certainly can learn far more about current affairs just playing on message forums than those who limit their net usage to an hour or so downloading emails a week lol.

Afterall, isnt the internet just one massive encyclopaedia of knoweldge waiting to be explored?

Hugs to all us mouse-potatoes
    -----------

pmsl THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don`t spend anywhere near the amount of time i used to on the internet as I am now living with the person I spent 50-70% of my day chatting to online lol
    I'm an untrustworthy slapper

Maybe a little too much online time, but a lot of it is business-related, so I can justify it, or rationalize it.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by welsh_fox
    I don`t spend anywhere near the amount of time i used to on the internet as I am now living with the person I spent 50-70% of my day chatting to online lol
    awwwwwwwwww thats so sweet!!!!! love over the internet

Vik xxx

View 2steps's Feedback (+525)
    All-About 2steps
    View 2steps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Most of the day I spend online either work related, college work, forums or games

Thread Information