Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: re: Lloyds TSB Select Account

Default re: Lloyds TSB Select Account

Just a heads up for anyone with this account - usually costs £5 a month instead of the bog standard free one. Got a letter this morning, they are upping it to £7 a month so rang to cancel. They offered to keep it at £5 a month until September 2005 since I complained. So anyone with this account, ring them up and tell them you are cancelling and they'll hang off the price increase for 6 months!

View shezz's Feedback (+360)
    All-About shezz
    View shezz's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks for the tip I am not with them but I know that my sister is so I will tell her.

Chez
    Life is serious but taking it too seriously robs you of
    happiness, fun and productivity

not being clever here but why would on earth would anyone PAY for a bank account? what do you get for your money?
    If the cap doesn't fit, why choose to wear it?

Well, for a fiver a month, I got some free AA cover (basic stuff), free mobile phone insurance, free £50 overdraft (always used that!) . There was so other stuff in there like holiday discounts and stuff that was a bit useless to me. I must have called out the AA about half a dozen times last year though, so that was worth the cash! It suited me fine for a while, but not anymore - I will go to AA or RAC direct, and my mobile phone is only worth £50 anyway. As for overdraft, I get a £500 student overdraft free at Barclays now, so I don't need that either. So when they put it up to £7 a month, I cancelled, which is when they offered to keep it at the same rate until September.

Quote Originally Posted by rightcharlie
    not being clever here but why would on earth would anyone PAY for a bank account? what do you get for your money?
    I've got a Barclays Additions bank account that I pay £9.50 a month for and get the follow benefits:

* £250 interest and fee-free overdraft
    * 9.9% charge on agreed overdrafts over £250
    * £100 cheque guarantee/debit card
    * £300 withdrawal limit on ATM transactions
    * 24 hour legal helpline
    * Will writing service
    * Roadside assistance with homestart
    * Domestic emergency cover
    * Purchase protection
    * Extended Warranty cover
    * £10,000 accidental death cover from Royal & Sun Alliance.
    *Children's health cover from Norwich Union at only an extra £4 per month per child.
    *Pet insurance from MORE TH>N at a special introductory rate (14 months' cover for the price of 12).
    * 20% discount at selected restaurants and on days out, such as Alton Towers, Thorpe Park and Pizza Piazza.
    * Commission-free travel currency with free home delivery.

And, yes I have used some of the benefits that are on offer, so it is worth it for my needs.

Blimey, that sounds a decent deal! My Barclays account is just a bog standard one, but I was pretty impressed to get £500 overdraft for free. I think I can go up to £1500 overdrawn in my third year of the degree course, but it all has to be paid back, so maybe not!

Quote Originally Posted by Stu_Millard
    I've got a Barclays Additions bank account that I pay £9.50 a month for and get the follow benefits:

* £250 interest and fee-free overdraft
    * 9.9% charge on agreed overdrafts over £250
    * £100 cheque guarantee/debit card
    * £300 withdrawal limit on ATM transactions
    * 24 hour legal helpline
    * Will writing service
    * Roadside assistance with homestart
    * Domestic emergency cover
    * Purchase protection
    * Extended Warranty cover
    * £10,000 accidental death cover from Royal & Sun Alliance.
    *Children's health cover from Norwich Union at only an extra £4 per month per child.
    *Pet insurance from MORE TH>N at a special introductory rate (14 months' cover for the price of 12).
    * 20% discount at selected restaurants and on days out, such as Alton Towers, Thorpe Park and Pizza Piazza.
    * Commission-free travel currency with free home delivery.

And, yes I have used some of the benefits that are on offer, so it is worth it for my needs.
    As long as you're happy but I shall read the headlines about how much money the banks make nowadays with a new enlightenment....
    If the cap doesn't fit, why choose to wear it?

Market Drayton, Shropshire, United Kingdom
    View Paulwillhappy's Feedback (+28)
    All-About Paulwillhappy
    View Paulwillhappy's Listings
    Forum Posts
    Never take your loo for granted Camping sucks.......

Default Lloyds TSB select.

The banks out here are quite good compared to the Aussie ones. No Matter what bank you go into there is a fee for putting money in. A fee for drawing it out and a monthly fee just to have an account for which you get no special benefits NOTHING .then there is the Fids. which we used to call the fiddle(Federal institutions Duty) If you even drew breath in a certain bank you would get charged for it. Breaking wind is extra.

I just swapped banks to Tsb From RBS both my business and personal banking ... I got free business banking for 18mths and a free platinum account for a year both of which include a host of add ons

Thread Information