Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Was the purpose in creating ebid US to open up a new market for ebid UK sellers?

Forum Newbie
    View kuriloff's Feedback (+1)
    All-About kuriloff
    View kuriloff's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Was the purpose in creating ebid US to open up a new market for ebid UK sellers?

I ask this question, because responses to another thread I started were made by UK sellers.

I would appreciate a response from an administrator of ebid.

I reside in the U.S. and tried selling on ebid UK.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Battersea, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View rainbowcraft's Feedback (+2067)
    All-About rainbowcraft
    View rainbowcraft's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi there,

I am a UK seller, and I hope I can answer this for you.

eBid had quite a few overseas sellers in the past, and now that they have opened in the US, many more have joined. eBid has been steadily growing in the UK for about 7 years now, its biggest growth *I believe* has been during the last 2-3 years. So 99.9% of members were UK-based.

eBid officially opened it's doors to the USA at the beginning of February and many US members won't have found the forums (which are currently shared by ALL members), let alone know the site well enough to answer queries. So I believe that the reason that most answers come from UK members is because, on the whole, we've been here for longer - I myself joined in January 2003 - so can answer queries correctly. Also, there are many more UK members at present compared to the relatively small amount of overseas members. However, that will now begin to balance out, as more US and overseas citizens find and use eBid

The reason they opened up to America? To give even more people the opportunity to trade on their platform.

Hopefully you'll see one of the owners post on here too, they're often around.

I hope this answers your questions

View jongla's Feedback (+52)
    All-About jongla
    View jongla's Listings
    Forum Posts

Arrow Overseas eBid sites

As a UK-based buyer and seller on eBid, I am very happy that the site is expanding. Obviously as eBid becomes better-known in the USA there will be more members joining. Soon it is realistic to see that there will be more US members than UK, this is because America as a whole is about 45 times bigger than England.

Personally, I am already looking forward to the future, with other eBid sites for other countries. In particular, I am hoping that within 2 years an Australian version will be launched. This is because eBay are not total kings of the auction over there, and the internet sales market over there is, I believe, an untapped market waiting to be developed.

eBid has already proven themselves to be a worthy competitor to eBay, although I think that there is enough room for both of them. Most competitors to eBay, once shown to be a serious threat, are swallowed up by the giant. I only hope that Gazza & Mark (directors of eBid to those who don't know) won't sell out.

Forum Newbie
    View kuriloff's Feedback (+1)
    All-About kuriloff
    View kuriloff's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by cybertrax
    eBid has already proven themselves to be a worthy competitor to eBay, although I think that there is enough room for both of them. Most competitors to eBay, once shown to be a serious threat, are swallowed up by the giant. I only hope that Gazza & Mark (directors of eBid to those who don't know) won't sell out.
    eBid is not competitive with eBay in the art category, at present. I hope this will change.

I listed 3 paintings on ebid several weeks ago, and the one that I thought was quite fine, by anyone's standards, received Zero views! I was discouraged about that, as you can probably understand!

Thread Information