eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: My eBid Marking Items Paid

Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
    View seaemelle's Feedback (+914)
    All-About seaemelle
    View seaemelle's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default My eBid Marking Items Paid

I like having the ability to see which items have been paid and which are outstanding - but would it be possible to change the way the system works for marking items as paid?

At present a buyer can mark their my eBid that the item is paid and it shows as paid on the seller's my eBid.

However, the seller will only consider the item paid when he has received the funds - which may take time if not using an online payment system. The post takes time to arrive and banks need time to clear funds!

Could this paid field be revised so that it is only a reference field for the buyer or seller and not interconnected?

Thanks

Is this for people who use ppay? Woul dit be possible to have a check box for people who don't use ppay too?

Ideally I would like to see a box for when the item is paid for, and when it has been sent... so instead of searching through all the payments I can just look up the date I ticked the box in case of any queries. If it was crossposted to the buyers account too it would mean they would know when it was dispatched so knew when to look out for it.

Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
    View seaemelle's Feedback (+914)
    All-About seaemelle
    View seaemelle's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dulwich-herbs
    Is this for people who use ppay? Woul dit be possible to have a check box for people who don't use ppay too?

Ideally I would like to see a box for when the item is paid for, and when it has been sent... so instead of searching through all the payments I can just look up the date I ticked the box in case of any queries. If it was crossposted to the buyers account too it would mean they would know when it was dispatched so knew when to look out for it.

Sophia - The PPPay payments automaticaly show as paid on both buyer and seller's myEbid.

However, if you went into your myEbid and pressed the "paid" button against your purchase, it would be marked as "paid" on mine as well - even though you may or may not have even posted a cheque. It would then drop off the "live" screen which shows all successful auctions awaiting payment. To find it I'd have to trawl through ALL the successful auctions, paid and unpaid - very cumbersome and as not everyone keeps a separate record of payments, it could be very confusing - let alone open to abuse to unscrupulous buyers.

I like the idea of the boxes for despatched and received items

Unhappy

Be nice to have the choice, be nice if someone bloody bought something, I have been using ebid for about a month and have sold nothing although I have usually over 100 items on.

Quote Originally Posted by seaemelle
    Sophia - The PPPay payments automaticaly show as paid on both buyer and seller's myEbid.

However, if you went into your myEbid and pressed the "paid" button against your purchase, it would be marked as "paid" on mine as well - even though you may or may not have even posted a cheque. It would then drop off the "live" screen which shows all successful auctions awaiting payment. To find it I'd have to trawl through ALL the successful auctions, paid and unpaid - very cumbersome and as not everyone keeps a separate record of payments, it could be very confusing - let alone open to abuse to unscrupulous buyers.

I like the idea of the boxes for despatched and received items
    Hmmmmmmmm... could be a good system.. but only if the seller is the one to tick the boxes.. if that makes sense.NOt having Ppay I don't get any boxes.. so I can't mark them as anything. only delete them.

If it was available to everyone (tick boxes for marking as paid etc) and only the received tick box was avaiable for the buyer to use... would be pretty darn good imo.

Any chances of this happening in the near future G&M?

Thank you G & M for giving everyone a box to mark whether and how the item was paid.... one more little thing thoguh.... would it be possible if only the seller could fill it in?

It is good for buyers who send cheques to be able to see that the seller has received the payment... but it can be a tad confusing when you see an item marked as paid when you are pretty sure you haven't received the cheque yet! LOL. Took me a while to figure out that the buyer can mark it as paid instead of just the selle being able to do it.

Forum Diehard
    View tonymaclennan's Feedback (+23)
    All-About tonymaclennan
    View tonymaclennan's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sonyastone
    Be nice to have the choice, be nice if someone bloody bought something, I have been using ebid for about a month and have sold nothing although I have usually over 100 items on.
    Do some marketing of your own. Such as Google Adwords for such items at the Guns, then buyers will look at your other auctions which may generate some more sales.

Quote Originally Posted by dulwich-herbs
    It is good for buyers who send cheques to be able to see that the seller has received the payment... but it can be a tad confusing when you see an item marked as paid when you are pretty sure you haven't received the cheque yet! LOL.
    Payment sent and Payment received buttons come to mind. An auction management system would be even better though

proberly on their long list of "TO DO"

Quote Originally Posted by tonymaclennan
    Do some marketing of your own. Such as Google Adwords for such items at the Guns, then buyers will look at your other auctions which may generate some more sales.

I have looked there before but really annoyed as if there are not enough clicks through they suspend your account also if there were alot of clicks it could cost me a small fortune.

I have sold some stuff now and have a rating of 7 - wow - but still getting alot of scams going on, well I will get there eventually. - oh got some nice urban t-shirts for sale if anyone wants one!!!

Thread Information