I just read a post from Tony Maclennan regarding his experiences with a buyer. I looked at his auction and noted that the underbidder was also a buyer with an overall negative rating.
Recently I have been finding that a lot of my buyers ( around 40%) have never contacted me despite repeated attempts on my part, to complete the transaction. I give them 14 days and then neg them.
I am well aware that on this site we are allowed to choose which level of buyer we will allow to enter into a transaction with us. BUT since this is very much a growing venue, see front page stats for new users registering lasy day and last month, I am very loath to insist upon only levels above Bronze. Heck, we were all new once and if I hadn't paid to become Silver I would still be Bronze myself.
It is also possible to have a silver rating and have negative feedback score overall as Tony's buyer demonstrates. So, I propose that the system changes from allowing Bronze, silver etc to bid to one where only buyers with certain feedback levels are allowed i.e. accept 0 score, higher than 5, higher than whatever. Block negative score and so on.
I can see that the original system was probably intended to do this but it is not working if you can be silver and have an overall negative score. I also see that what I say is flawed in as much that there is always a lag between purchase date and the seller giving up chasing and leaving a neg.

Discuss.