eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Index Closing down sale? Ooooooh a Massive 10% Off ?

View jongla's Feedback (+52)
    All-About jongla
    View jongla's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GirlPlanet
    We don't have an Index in Halifax, but we have 2 argos stores, the nearest Index to us, is in Huddersfield, I don't think Bradford even has one.

Anyway don't shop at either of them much but when I do its always argos online or in store.
    I always found Argos in Halifax to have some of the best customer service (used to live in Halifax). By contrast, Argos here in Ipswich seems to be constantly under-staffed when its busy, and over-staffed when its quiet (?!?) However, Index here in Ipswich seems to be like every other Index store - rubbish on floors and under-staffed.

I agree about the Ipswich Index cybertrax! Generally go there as it's more convenient, but compare the stores: Argos: bright spacious, chairs for waiting, and a good computer/tv screen system which tells you when your order is at the collection point. Index: old fashioned, messy and few staff.

Battersea, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View rainbowcraft's Feedback (+2067)
    All-About rainbowcraft
    View rainbowcraft's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by videoshopruabon
    I don't know if that's a joke or not, but for anyone who doesn't know, Argos evolved from the "Green Shield Stamp shop"

No wonder it reminds sludge of them....

No way! LOL!!!

I loved the green shield stamps. I remember my mum getting some every time she shopped in Liptons...

Last edited by rainbowcraft; 7th May 2005 at 06:21 PM.

Battersea, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View rainbowcraft's Feedback (+2067)
    All-About rainbowcraft
    View rainbowcraft's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kim69
    I agree about the Ipswich Index cybertrax! Generally go there as it's more convenient, but compare the stores: Argos: bright spacious, chairs for waiting, and a good computer/tv screen system which tells you when your order is at the collection point. Index: old fashioned, messy and few staff.

Try going to the Argos in Wandsworth - not enough staff, shabby/torn shelf displays (clearance stock), mess, litter, no pens, and the catalogues/special offer sheets/order slips all over the floor. Oh, and 2 chairs for the queue to share.

[QUOTE=videoshopruabon]I don't know if that's a joke or not, but for anyone who doesn't know, Argos evolved from the "Green Shield Stamp shop"

No wonder it reminds sludge of them....
    QUOTE]

Hence
    Nowt here so don't bother looking

SEARCHING for ET

prefer Argos..when our Index closed the first time we shopped at Argos and have done since..the only good thing for our Index is that its near the bus stop

Chris

Thread Information