My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: No Sales Help Needed

Question No Sales Help Needed

I really do like ebid I think the design and new features are great but I am not getting any bids. If anybody has the time please would you look at my auctions and shop and make comments. I have sold a few items on 60 mins but mainly only for a pound.

help please

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

what are you selling/ do you have a link?
    have you advised your old customers where to find you?

It's a familiar story on eBid I'm afraid. I've only ever sold 1 item here, despite my listings being identical to those I use on eBay, where I've done much better.

I currently have 72 auctions running here. Lots of views on a few items, but most haven't even been looked at. And there's not one bid between them.

Forum Lurker
    View illudius's Feedback (+1324)
    All-About illudius
    View illudius's Listings
    Forum Posts

Your auctions are well presented and cheap. How much you sell here depends to some extent on involved you want to get. First off EBID isn't likely to to compete on sales with EBAY. There are just too few people who know about it at present and too few items on it. That, plus the fact that auctions hang around for a long time means that you need to accept you won't get a lot of browsing trade.

How I've increased my sales is :-

1. Sell similar items on EBAY and then point all bidders to EBID. Make sure your items are cheaper here (after all you're not paying fees out).
    2. Help build a community of people selling similar items. The more sellers you can attract selling your type of items, the more people will come and look. In my case I hit every comic related site I can find and point people to my auctions and encourage people to sell here. I chat with other sellers on a regular basis and even point buyers at those I trust if I don't have the item. This way you get people coming back to EBID on a regular basis.
    3. Buy from EBID. If your not buying your stuff here why should anyone else?
    4. Always tell people what postage is. Lots of buyers are put off if they don't see it or have to ask.
    5. Take PayPal. It costs a lot, but the other payment systems are no way near as popular, especially for overseas people.
    6. Ask people who buy from you is they want to be on a mailing list. Mail these people everytime you put something new on EBID. This way they don't have to hunt down your new listings.

Having done all these things my sales are increasing. I get about a dozen a month (sometimes more). But even with all this my sales are a fraction of thoses I'd get if I sold on EBAY. As my items are very low margin it doesn't make sense to sell them across the way unless it's a free listing day, your may be different.

Illudius
    Come visit my Comic Emporium, it's lovely
    Come visit Northern Comics

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

For me I'm doing better here than Ebay- because here I can list hundreds of items (almost 1000!) while on ebay i listed a maximum of twenty at a time. Tell your enay customers where to find you- I've listed 6 items on ebay recently (to use up unsold credits from a free listing day) and put links to ebid in the listing. One of my ebay buyers came over here and bought off me on ebid too :-)

Forum Lurker
    View illudius's Feedback (+1324)
    All-About illudius
    View illudius's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by val4xx
    I've listed 6 items on ebay recently (to use up unsold credits from a free listing day) and put links to ebid in the listing.
    You may want to be careful with this. It's against EBAY rules to have links to other sites. I did this a while ago and they noticed and shut all my auctions, including several with big bids on them. I think they may also ban you now.

Illudius
    Come visit my Comic Emporium, it's lovely
    Come visit Northern Comics

Wednesbury, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View sexstuff's Feedback (+63)
    All-About sexstuff
    View sexstuff's Listings
    Forum Posts

ebay dont notice, more likely that one of your competitors reported you o nebay
    Best Regards - SexStuff

http://www.sex-stuff.co.uk

Professional E-Commerce Stores Click Here

Thread Information