Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why do I stick with Ebid???

Nakhon Ratchasima Thailand (Not Singapore), Singapore, United Kingdom
    View gazlannathai's Feedback (+796)
    All-About gazlannathai
    View gazlannathai's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Paying...

I thought I would pay a little money to advertise frontpage. Suddenly got an influx of viewers on that one item... but no bidders... so thats where the moeny went..

As to Ebid itself, thanks for the advice guys, but the whole point of me using Ebid and EBay is to generate customers. I have my own website where there is no charges for sales, so I am using Ebid and Ebay as a customer generator only...

However, conversion factor is quite low, even though we do get repeat customers.

I think the major problem with Ebid is lack of advertising, and what there is of it is in the wrong place. Nothing that springs to mind as being memorable, what does everyone else think? The site must be generating money, otherwise it wouldn't keep going, but is none of it used for an aggressive marketing campaign?

BTW, can anyone tell me where I change my sig? I can't find the link....

Cheers
    OJ

Quote Originally Posted by ojleap
    BTW, can anyone tell me where I change my sig? I can't find the link....
    USER CP > (Left side) EDIT SIGNATURE

Near to where I live there is a row of shops. Last year one of them was rented by a chap with an art business. He did the place up nicely and showed off some fantastic bits of art work at really good prices. Nothing much sold.

Three months ago he closed the shop and moved to another location. He is now selling loads of artwork.

Sometimes, no matter how good the product or the price, the location is wrong. eBid might be great for nick-nacks, computer stuff or gem stones, but does it have the right sort of customers for frilly underwear and fancy lingerie?

I sugest that you either expand the range of goods you offer or you come to terms with the fact that some stuff just doesn't sell in some market places.

I got so fed up with having no views on eBid let alone sales I have actually set up my OWN free auction site

might as well have total control over how my auctions are posted than waste time on here having problems with WYSIWYG editors and end of sale emails!!

xxx

Quote Originally Posted by DesignerWatches
    Here's my two penneth...

First thing is to join eBids affiliate program

Then...

Go to either snipurl.com or tinyurl.com to shorten your affiliate link

If you use Internet Explorer, download the InstantBuzz free advertising toolbar more info here

Create an email signature line using your shortened affiliate link and use it for all emails and other forum postings. If you don't belong to any other forums... JOIN some! i.e hobbies, interests, professional etc.

If you have a website then put a banner on it or join a banner exchange.

Hope this helps

I am a member of several other forums.
    I send all my items on ebay with links to ebid on my cards.
    My website has a minimum of 3 links to ebid and my direct sales pages.
    I have changed my for sale items a few times , in an effort to keep up with what people want .
    AFTER A BRILLIANT start here a couple of years ago.
    The only feedback i get now is from spending a fortune on other peoples stuff or YDC Charity auctions ( buying and selling ) as they are the ONLY things i sell.

I also do the whole EBID PROMOTING THING all over the net, and my signature is linked in various guestbooks , on all my emails ETC.ETC.ETC........................

Quote Originally Posted by blufairy
    I have changed my for sale items a few times , in an effort to keep up with what people want .
    The only feedback i get now is from spending a fortune on other peoples stuff or YDC Charity auctions ( buying and selling ) as they are the ONLY things i sell.

I also do the whole EBID PROMOTING THING all over the net, and my signature is linked in various guestbooks , on all my emails ETC.ETC.ETC........................
    And if the majority of regular sellers did half as much; you would see an improvement in sales!

Nakhon Ratchasima Thailand (Not Singapore), Singapore, United Kingdom
    View gazlannathai's Feedback (+796)
    All-About gazlannathai
    View gazlannathai's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blufairy

ditto - I do the same

I also write auction site "reviews" for magazines (plugging eBid's advantages over eBay)

The old hands here have been bashing away at promoting eBid for 2, 3, 4 or more years each, but what happened? All the money we generated for the site was spent on expanding into other countries instead of consolidating and expanding here after fixing all the internal problems - is it any wonder that many of us are a bit jaded and vociferous in forums?

Well its a numbers game the more members you have the more items will be bought and sold, its a simple as that. Ebay has twenty million members, so trade is brisk. Ebid has 200,000 [rough guess) so its quiet.
    Garry and Mark looked to the USA market for rapid expansion, after all 4 years down the road little was happening in the UK. A couple of million new members from America would surely make a big difference. That was the idea anyway, For whatever reason it just has not taken off yet, Perhaps Ebay are just too well established everwhere, time will tell.

Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View thehoneyant's Feedback (+137)
    All-About thehoneyant
    View thehoneyant's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yoo hoo Fender long time no speak.

Hi Honey lol. I am still about. Forum seems a bit of a bore these days so I dont post much. More of a lurker these days

Thread Information