Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: does any body actually use this site

View Apollo2003's Feedback (+54)
    All-About Apollo2003
    View Apollo2003's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just to show my ugly head, oh and something that may help Brian.

Having no feedback certainly won't help you, but one of your problems is this.

Item: Kite .... your price £8, buy from here http://www.skyblueleisure.co.uk/acatalog/Fun_Kites.html
    £6.50

Item: Remote Control Savage 25 ... your price £350, Buy from here
    http://www.modelsport.co.uk/?CallFun...n&ItemID=16005
    £324.00

Item: Intellinote Velocity V-725 ... your price £750, Buy from here
    http://www.theselect.co.uk/catalogue...ategory_ID=141
    £749.99

All the above sites as far as I can see are VAT registered, offer contact phone number etc.
    Now tell me who you would buy from ?

If and when I go looking for something I want to buy, I certainly wouldn't be paying more to buy off an auction site. The idea I thought with auctions is to start the price below what other legit businesses can offer and then hope your item will sell maybe for the same or even higher than your competitors.

I have said this for a long while, that until sellers are prepared to lower their prices by a considerable amount then buyers will browse until they lose interest in Ebid and go back to a site that sellers take a risk of starting their auctions without reserves with little or no risk of not making a fair price for the items they are selling.

So I think my answer may sum up why 1) you are having no luck with auctions. 2) Ebid will never compete with it's rivals because sellers aren't prepared to take the risk of selling at lower prices.

Only one other thing that is maybe worth a try, list your items at 99p with a reserve price. This may attract bids to your auctions but not actual sales.

Wink

cheers i think .i have lowered my price on the laptop after finding out i could get it of of the same site as you said for 699.99 after becoming agent.i have also lowered the price of the kite but cant reduce it on the auction as it has a bid at the original price.i will say to the winner that they can reduce the price by1.50 at the end. your help is appreciated just because i have zero feedback it does not mean i am not genuine but i do understand your concerns as i have already been scammed on here . thanks to everyone for their help

Talking

well you were right appollo lower prices get bids may not get any sells but its a start cheers

View misdee's Feedback (+35)
    All-About misdee
    View misdee's Listings
    Forum Posts

It's been pretty dead for me for a while - but I keep bits on here - you just never know!!

lets see your bits miss dee

just checking you are all awake

Thread Information