eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Cant log in??? Any1 else having that prob?

i cant log in either and i don't sell any adult stuff, so must be a problem

Quote Originally Posted by stevie37
    i cant log in either and i don't sell any adult stuff, so must be a problem
    You are listing multiple auctions of the same item, which is not alowed. Thats my guess

27) What items are banned on eBid (eBid Auction Posting Rules)
    Below is not an exhaustive list but you should be aware that you are ultimately responsible for making sure that the buying or selling of an item is legal in the eyes of the law. The following items cannot be posted on eBid. It is at the discretion of eBid if a user is deemed to have broken these posting rules. If so their account will be held and ALL auctions deleted.

eBooks or any auctions that are selling information only. <LI>Any eBooks or emailable information will be removed.
    Items with brand names not associated with the product in the title of description <LI>Eg. Do not mention Nike or Adidas in the title or description if your product isn't made by them.
    Multiple listings, please use Dutch Auctions It is not fair on other members to show row after row of the same identical item.
    This has an adverse effect on the entire community.
    <LI>If you want to list multiple identical items please list as a Dutch Auction.
    Ads/Promotions, Get Rich Quick Schemes, Do Not Bid Auctions, Email for Details, Selling of Links Listings that are wholly or mainly intended to divert buyers away from the listings themselves.
    Listings with links to another website and/or where you are offering the same item for sale
    Listings that require bidders to purchase additional items or services.
    Listings that require bidders to participate in raffles or lotteries.
    Listings that ask users to purchase information on how to receive products.
    Multi-level marketing schemes(MLM) or Pyramid schemes
    <LI>Bulk e-mail lists
    eBid reserves the right to judge whether the content is appropriate. Please read the list below to familiarise yourself with prohibited auction listings/items
    Items and services that infringe on another party's copyright, patent, license, trademark or other proprietary right
    Any item that is illegal to sell under any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation.Items to which a false or illegal description is applied.
    Stolen or illegally imported goods
    Firearms, Military weapons, Explosives and ammunition
    Fireworks, pyrotechnics, and explosives
    Drugs, drug paraphernalia, narcotics, prescription medication
    Human body parts
    Live or stuffed animals, pets, livestock or animal body parts, skins, pelts
    Clothing advertised as used, dirty, soiled, or unwashed
    Device or component used to illegally acquire the use of a utility or service, i.e., TV Descramblers
    Stock, bonds, or securities of live or existing companies
    Books, Manuals, Software, or literature promoting violence or containing hate literature
    <LI>Books, Manuals, Software, or literature that provide instructions on how to perform or engage in any form of illegal activity
    Incorrect Categorisation
    <LI>Placing auctions in irrelevant categories is not allowed.
    Recopied media
    <LI>Copies, dubs, duplicates, or transfers of books, music, videos, software, images, etc., are prohibited. Just as you cannot sell a photocopied book without the author's permission, you cannot sell copies or duplicates of videos, music, video games, software, photos, etc. Likewise, you cannot sell transferred media--whether laserdisc to video, CD-ROM to cassette tape, or from the Internet to any digital format--unless explicitly approved by the author
    Music
    <LI>Recopied music in any format is prohibited. Bootlegs, unauthorized live concerts, unauthorized soundboard recordings, unauthorized merchandise, etc., is not permitted
    Television programs
    <LI>Copies of television programs, including pay-per-view events are prohibited. Commercially produced and licensed copies of television programs are permitted. Unauthorized television programs and programs never broadcast, unauthorized scripts, unauthorized props, and screeners are prohibited.
    Movies
    <LI>Copies of movies (VHS, DVD, etc.) may not be sold. Also, movies that have been transferred from one format to another are not permitted. For example, NTSC to Pal and Pal to NTSC conversion are not permitted. Unreleased/prereleased movies, screeners, trailers, unpublished and unauthorized film scripts (no ISBN number).
    Software
    <LI>Software that has been copied or duplicated in any format is prohibited. Additionally, academic, OEM, back-up, fulfillment, promotional, beta (prerelease), unauthorized freeware/shareware, and "softlifted" software versions are prohibited
    Video games
    <LI>Recopied and transferred video games are prohibited. Mod chips, silver disks, video game emulators, Sega bootdisks, game enhancers, unauthorized video game compilations, and accessories are also prohibited.
    Offensive material
    <LI>What we deem "offensive". eBid may at its discretion, remove items and refund listing fees. eBid reserves the right to determine the appropriateness of listings posted to our site. There can be cultural differences and sensitivities. Please be careful to post items that are appropriate for our global community.
    Real estate
    <LI>Real estate laws and commission structures differ dramatically from state to state. Because of the legal complexities regarding the sale of real estate, real estate is not permitted for sale
    The sale of alcoholic beverages
    Alcohol is highly regulated in the UK and US. For example, sellers of alcoholic beverages must be licensed, and must take steps to ensure that they do not sell their products to minors. Due to the many difficulties inherent in Internet alcohol sales, eBid UK will not permit the listings of wine, beer and other alcoholic beverages on its website.
    There may be instances where the particular collectable container is unopened and still contains an alcoholic beverage.
    The sale of collectable containers will be permitted as long as the following conditions are met: The value of the auctioned item is in the collectable container, not its contents. Thus bottles of wine are not permitted because their value is based on the wine in the bottle, and not the bottle itself.
    The auction description should state that the container has not been opened, but that any incidental contents are not intended for consumption.
    The item must not be available at any retail outlet, and the container must have a value that substantially exceeds the current retail price of the alcohol in the container.
    Sellers should take steps to ensure that the buyer of these collectables is of lawful age in the buyer and seller's jurisdiction (generally 18 years old in the UK, 21 years old in the US).
    Buyers and sellers must ensure that the sale complies with all applicable laws and delivery regulations in carrying out the transaction.

Perhaps this will help those who are not sure why their auctions are on hold, Good luck and I hope that you are all reinstated soon
    Last edited by fender; 26th September 2005 at 01:57 PM.

multiple auctions? thats news to me! I have an ad in classifieds, and an auction as well.

Actually i can't even be bothered trying to login any more, haven't been able to do it for 4 or 5 days now, and can't be bothered asking the reason any more.

Cheerio Ebid, give me a shout guys when you give explanations for things and provide proper custmer service. last time I had a problem, you replied after 6 emails and that took about 10 days.

havent the time to waste anymore...so bye

View TaraCM's Feedback (+410)
    All-About TaraCM
    View TaraCM's Listings
    Forum Posts

have you tried emailing support@ebid.tv ? emails are usually answered within 24hrs... make sure you put in a email title coz if its blank, then they wont think its important
    'Tis a shame to go... especially seeing as its 75p gold lifetime membership day

Im having the same problem. Only been a user for a few days and they have blocked me, I have 33 items listed and people are asking me questions which i cant reply to. Ebid say the keep trying to phone me on my home landline number but some of us have a thing called a JOB and cant be sat at a computer all day long.

Not happy!

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by discounts
    Im having the same problem. Only been a user for a few days and they have blocked me, I have 33 items listed and people are asking me questions which i cant reply to. Ebid say the keep trying to phone me on my home landline number but some of us have a thing called a JOB and cant be sat at a computer all day long.

Not happy!
    If EBID are making the effort to telephone you- why are you not happy?. It's not EBIDs fault if you are not in. Have you provided them with an alternative land line number?

Angry Suspended Account - no reply from Support

Ok, I had about 30 items listed they were then deleted by support because the item title did not correspond to the item that was listed which was fair enough as the description did say not, x, y,z just to get more hits. My account was suspended but then support reactivated me.

I then selected the items from my posted items to relist - purley for speed and then went into the items individually to change the titles and my computer crashed.

The next day in my lunch hour I tried to log on to change the titles and my account has been suspended again.

I emailed support and told them what had happened and asked to be reinstated - I have yet to have a reply - this was a week ago.

I have been emailing them everyday asking them to reinstate my account but they aren't even replying to me.

I have never had these problems with support as they are normally excellent and reply within a couple of hours but this time I am really p*ssed off!!

I am just glad that I didn't have to pay for the privelige of selling on ebid - how can we persuade people to join and boost the awareness when things like this are happening.

This started on the 12th and is still ongoing

Thread Information