• FastPay

1 0.38%
  • PPPay

46 17.62%
  • Other

40 15.33%
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Preffered Payment Methods

LOL.. He was in the Medical branch of the military worked in a Military Hospital..

Hill tribe human rights. Sorry you are not allowed to say hill tribe and human rights in the same sentence unless you also include the word "NO". LOL
    From Thailand and Way Beyond Siam

Nakhon Ratchasima Thailand (Not Singapore), Singapore, United Kingdom
    View gazlannathai's Feedback (+796)
    All-About gazlannathai
    View gazlannathai's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ahhhh - medical branch - explains why he wanted the flush toilet Them squatters are deffo bad for the knees, but by gum they're great for a constipation assist - lol - and the splash-back ain't so fierce either.

Quote Originally Posted by gazlannathai
    So when people are selling things for 99p, you expect them to give 24p from every sale to PayPal?

Thanks for the warning, I'll add you to my blocked bidders list as you'll obviously never provide me with any profit.

Gaz

Real nice attitude. This should bring you loads of shoppers. LOL

All-About gazlannathai
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alotofsparklejewelry
    Real nice attitude. This should bring you loads of shoppers. LOL
    Try going into your local convenience store to buy a newspaper and insisting on paying with a credit card - you'll find they react the same way as me regarding PayPal.

I sell online to make profit - all the online friends made, have been an appreciated bonus, but it should be remembered that not everyone has access to a PayPal account - especially new sellers who may one day become valued suppliers. With attitudes like yours, they might not stay selling long enough to achieve that status.

Was just telling it like it is - too many people are too PC to say anything, but being a northerner, I don't give a stuff and simply speak my mind (bet many people also thought what I posted but kept mum about it).

If you'd prefer not to hear the truth, don't offer an opinion (as my grandmother used to say)

Gaz

I did many times offer different payment methods. The only one at that time that was used by my customers was Paypal. 98% of the Paypal payments I recieve are non- credit card transactions.

I did this test to see what worked best for me and my customers (online only) not brick and morter store (big difference).

When I do home parties I take many more payment options.

P.S. For those sellers that want to block me from your auctions. You won't have to, I always check payment methods and terms before placing a bid. I would't bid and then insist that you take my payment method, that's wrong.

All-About gazlannathai
    Forum Posts

The only one at that time that was used by my customers was Paypal.
    When did you do that test?

Until 3 or 4 years ago, PayPal was just about the only payment processor that was known to many people. Now there are hundreds worldwide (admittedly many are single country only) but with names like BidPay, iKoBo, MoneyBookers and ppPay now operating worldwide, many people are shifting allegiance.

At the end of the day, the primary reason most BUYERS prefer PayPal is because it's the only one that allows the buyers to do a chargeback after receiving the goods - therefore they can get them FREE and the the seller gets a black mark on their account. PayPal are simply too quick to refund to buyers without carrying out the neccesary checks required by UK law - one major reason they are severely disliked in the UK...... but then, they've never pretended to be anything but rampantly biased in favour of US customers - that's why you can withdraw funds in 3 days, but we have to wait 7 days, despite the fact I can receive or send money between Thailand and anywhere in the world in minutes by direct bank transfer, and why online banking transfers between customers of my bank are instantaneous.

Then there is the whole question of political donations from eBay+PayPal to Bush's presidential campaigns, and ultimately their funding for American Imperialism in thrid world countries, while denying those countries access to PayPal's facilities and the eBay opportunity to generate income for their traditional craftsmen and women.
    Have you ever asked yourself why so many countries in PayPal approved countries have the caveat that citizens of those countries can only have PayPal accounts if they have a US checking account and credit card into which to withdraw funds received?
    How do you suppose someone earning US$2 per day is going to be able to afford to fly to the US to open a bank account (let alone fulfill the residence and employment requirements that banks demand for such accounts), or even how they are going to pay for the (non-refundable if application declined) visa application fee to enter the US?

Bit of a dounble standard issue there? Join PayPal, we'll help you get paid by your customers. Oh! You want us to give you your money - excuse us while we laugh at you and earn interest on it because you can't withdraw it.

Instead of blindly following the marketing and PR gumph, it helps to look into the corporate ethics of who you trade with.

Which is why I sell as an eBay Trading Assistant on behalf of who I do sell for - because it's the only way I can be sure they get their money - direct into their hands - and we don't need the "convenience selfishness" of buyers who want to destroy profits by sending payments that are eroded into a loss-making transaction by a corporate conglomerate's greed.

How many thoughtless Americans donated to the Hurricane Katrina relief fund without realising that PayPal were collecting their normal fees on every payment sent?
    Why are eBay+PayPal so quick to launch relief funds for every major disaster, yet NEVER give fee-relief to the fundraisers?
    What % of money raised by them is actually sent to the relief agencies after they've taken off their fees to keep their shareholders happy and to mask the falling revenues caused by their own customers' dissatisfaction?
    Why do they feel the need to diversify into acquisitions such as Skype - communications are not their core business, and if their core business was as healthy as they pretend, they wouldn't be diversifying into (for them) uncharted territory.

If you don't research, you don't find the answers.
    If you don't have an ethics and trading practices policy, you don't ask the questions in the research.

Sorry about the rant - I get very tired of listening to people blindly follow the herd, then getting stung and crying "baa baa baa"
    - it comes from teaching undergraduates how to get to the real information behind newspaper stories and corporate PR handouts, as well as teaching them how to get to the truth behind corporate annual reports.
    Companies NEVER want you to know the truth about their operations - it would be bad for the share price ..... and US companies are the worst culprits in the world ....... Enron for example.

Hmmm - EnronBay ..... good rename for a well known internet auction site with it's own payment processor? Nah, too long, it would have to be shortened - I know - how about calling it .... EnBay? Still too long? Lose the "N" and it's a catchy name.

All-About gazlannathai
    Forum Posts

But I do thank you for this consideration ....

P.S. For those sellers that want to block me from your auctions. You won't have to, I always check payment methods and terms before placing a bid. I would't bid and then insist that you take my payment method, that's wrong.

The test I did was about 2 1/2 years ago. I had 2 merchant accounts, Paypal, Bidpay, and snail mail money orders and personal checks. The account that got the use was the Paypal account. Closed the 2 merchant accounts as the fees were aweful.

Bidpay was used only 3 times by my customers since 1998, but I still keep it available just in case.

So far I've been very lucky with charge backs from customers (knock on wood), but I have read allot of horror stories also.

All-About gazlannathai
    Forum Posts

Yeah, Bidpay's never really caught on, and even three years ago, many people were paranoid about inserting card details to the internet - even emails - I know I was, and I've been a "net"work engineer since Peter used bits of string to catch fish for the feeding of the 5,000

Can you remember the days when PayPal was touted as an online micro-payment processor and the pundits were trying to convince us we'd be using it to pay 1/10th of a cent for every webpage accessed? Har Har Har - that business model soon went out of the window didn't it?

Can you imagine merchants signing up for 1/10th cent received only to find they have to pay 35 cents minimum for each transaction received?

So much for idealism huh?

PS - have you tried doing what I do and insist on a minimum payment value for PayPal (and NoChex) - it drastically cuts fees and many people voluntarily buy more to hit the minimum.
    Since I started doing it and mentioning it in forums, I've noticed a growing number of sellers adopting it on eBay.
    I state the minimum as GBP5.00 and many US sellers have adapted that to be US$10.00

It seems to be working well for all of us (and PayPal don't make a fuss because it increases their % fees)
    Last edited by gazlannathai; 16th October 2005 at 06:36 PM.

Default PayPal

Well, I'm so worn out by PPPay.com that I have finally capitulated and added PayPal to all my auctions. I'll be interested to see if my sales increase because of it...

Fabienne.

My auctions at the mo:

Thread Information