Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Seller not replying to mail

Default Seller not replying to mail

hi

i bought several items from one seller,who has v good fb,and i emailed to ask postage costs as they would combine on multiple purchases and still had no reply,i have emailed them twice now.
    i am paying by p/o which is ok as i checked,but it says payment within 7 days,i 'bought' the items Wednesday...i have another item from them that i have bid on,which doesnt close til next wk,not sure whether they are waitng for it to close and send everything together or not...
    not sure if theres a problem with email,as one email was returned as failed...something to do with address,though have emailed a different address in ebid email and so far thats been ok...

thanks for the help Chris

Have you tried sending them a question on the listing that hasn't ended yet. You no... on the ASK SELLER A QUESTION bit.

Hope you get some luck.

Hey there,
    You don't happen to use hotmail and your seller has AOL 9? I'm finding that a problem atm, some AOL broadband users seem to have filters from the 3rd reich.. I keep getting my mails returned, had to use the Paypal postage update and feedback to make contact with one..

Anyway, your seller answered your question in less than 20 mins about accepting PO's, so I'd say they're on the level.. Either it's mail filters acting up or they have a valid reason for being away from ebid or something..

You could try another question on the auction you're currently bidding on, just to ask if they're getting your mails? It might help not to put auction number references in the email subjects as some filters have a seek-and-destroy on them...

Good luck :-)
    http://uk.three.ebid.net/perl/main.c...rance-Skincare

After a long, long time, I'm baaaaaack!! My stuff: Look at it, it's fantastic.

thanks for that..the sellers email is AOL...will give the 'ask seller a question bit' a try....

thanks again

Chris

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

AOL is notoriously bad for deleting genuine mail. It's not just hotmail either- i have 2 email addresses connected to domain mnames I own. and i can never get emails through to aol users with these addresses. I sometimes wonder if AOL users ever get ANY emails

i did the question and answer bit on the other auction,and she replied saying she didnt get mail,she emailed me,and i replied,plus sent another msg and so far still nothing....
    dont no whether to try the Q A thing on current auction again...dont want to seem like i'm pestering or anything...

Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View thehoneyant's Feedback (+137)
    All-About thehoneyant
    View thehoneyant's Listings
    Forum Posts

Have you asked admin for the sellers landline number,? explain why you want it.
    Maybe it will help to contact them that way.

Good luck.

Try refering her to this thread, if there's a problem? Don't worry about pestering, I'd say it's good you're actually being proactive about staying in contact through a sale; some people, if their mails went unanswered, would just ditch it and the seller would end up marking them an NPB. You've made the effort of coming here and contacting her through the Q&A again...

If the Q&A is the only way to actually contact her (online), she needs to be aware (especially as she's a high volume seller) that other ppl may potentially have the problem too.. She needs to go into AOL's mail controls and mark the general mail addy domains (hotmail, gmail, lycos, etc.) as 'safe'.
    http://uk.three.ebid.net/perl/main.c...rance-Skincare

After a long, long time, I'm baaaaaack!! My stuff: Look at it, it's fantastic.

You can use the Q&A forms on closed auctions too.. so you can safely chat to her and get her to give you combined postage etc on there as no-one else will be able to see them.. asaik.

have used the QandA on the current auction,and we're getting somewhere...didnt know you can use the QandA on closed auctions that might be better...just didnt want her to think i'd bought the items and dont intend to pay,when its just problems with email..
    thanks again for your help...
    Chris

Thread Information