Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: postage overcharge

Quote Originally Posted by kazzica
    i'm not on about Ipods though i'm on about mp3 players that would cost maby £20 to buy new and there selling them £60+

then good luck to them for selling a £20 item for £60 thats just good business practise.

if your dumb enough to buy it then thats your fault.

Quote Originally Posted by pk8651
    then good luck to them for selling a £20 item for £60 thats just good business practise.

if your dumb enough to buy it then thats your fault.

Here here.

Buying and selling on any auction site is a two way thing Sellers are looking to make money and buyers are on the look out for a bargain. Buyers must take P&P into account prior to making their purchase If the item is still a bargain then there is no rip off, still a good deal.

Common sense must be a factor.

To slag a seller off for having high postage is not the best idea i've ever heard: Just don't bid on the item, simple as that!!!

I first joined eBid to buy Off road motorcycles and related gear. to date i've not purchased a single bike or anything related because everything on here in these cats are well over priced ie: Bike listed as enduro To start with it's a cheap china copy and the price (Starts) at 1300.00 quid twice what you can get it from a dealer, in fact i could (If interested) buy two on ebay now for that money.

I don't think people come on auction sites to buy over priced goods, let's face it they'd have to be pretty daft to do so.

Bargain hunting is what it's all about, If it ain't a bargain don't bid eh!!??

I agree, with fatgreek1, If I have somthing to auction, I will put on, at a price, lower than retail, and low enough, including postage, for a buyer to buy, and recieve a bargain, at the end of the day, this is an auction, not a shop, why would a buyer, consanpate buying somthing for more, when they can pick it up down thier local store cheaper, without the sellers there wont be buyers, without the buyers there wont be sellers, sellers need to list at reasonable prices, and we need more buyers.

Quote Originally Posted by mbb
    I agree, with fatgreek1, If I have somthing to auction, I will put on, at a price, lower than retail, and low enough, including postage, for a buyer to buy, and recieve a bargain, at the end of the day, this is an auction, not a shop, why would a buyer, consanpate buying somthing for more, when they can pick it up down thier local store cheaper, without the sellers there wont be buyers, without the buyers there wont be sellers, sellers need to list at reasonable prices, and we need more buyers.
    Been looking through my eBid and Just realised who you are lmao!!!

I suppose it's a good example of how things should work!!??

Quote Originally Posted by silkcityuk2
    are you kidding mate its dishonesty what about the majority of us honest sellers paying the correct fees,its a auction site, if you expect to get £60 for a ipod,then list it at £60
    Surely the seller would have to raise the price of the item to cover the charges and the sale might no longer be viable?

It seems to me that if a seller can avoid ebays charges and keep the price of their items down then more power to them. If hiding the real cost in the P&P works good on em.

Battersea, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View rainbowcraft's Feedback (+2067)
    All-About rainbowcraft
    View rainbowcraft's Listings
    Forum Posts

Classic example of sellers using the P&P to bump the final price:

http://uk.four.ebid.net/perl/auction...3-0&mo=auction

Quote Originally Posted by rainbowcraft
    Classic example of sellers using the P&P to bump the final price:

http://uk.four.ebid.net/perl/auction...3-0&mo=auction
    Hiya Rainbow!!
    Totally agree and this is the sort of sale where common sense must step in It would be different if there was any real value in the item but who knows it may be worth it to someone although i doubt it.

Battersea, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View rainbowcraft's Feedback (+2067)
    All-About rainbowcraft
    View rainbowcraft's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fatgreek1
    Hiya Rainbow!!
    Totally agree and this is the sort of sale where common sense must step in It would be different if there was any real value in the item but who knows it may be worth it to someone although i doubt it.

Considering you can get these Sim cards FREE from O2, I doubt it too

It seems to me that if a seller can avoid ebays charges and keep the price of their items down then more power to them. If hiding the real cost in the P&P works good on em
    .absolute crap, so as sellers we should all con the dark side and ebid out of the fees then should we???????????, please tell me why it is ok as i am at a loss at your point, if you want/expect a certain price for a item ,then list it at that price ,dont hike up the postage price to cover losses

Shh, don't tell them these O2 cards are free! I got some last month and put one on the YDC auction. Being free, I wouldn't have had the cheek to sell them to make profit for me, but I thought could be a handy moneyspinner for charity. And the lovely buyer paid up for charity, and didn't want the card so I can reauction it this YDC too :-) (no, I'm not pimping, lol).

As for overpriced p&p, I bought a laptop in here a couple of weeks ago, second hand, for college. I went a bit pale at £19.99 p&p, but when it arrived, it was perfectly packed, and sure enough, it came special delivery for exactly £19.99, meaning the seller didn't make any profit on p&p and probably made a loss.

As for a laptop bag, don't even get me started on sellers on The Other Side asking up to £16 for p&p! What a rip off!

Thread Information