Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Listing is a real pain and has been for some time!

Angry Listing is a real pain and has been for some time!

I don’t know what’s going on but the sell listing editor is not working properly.

I’ve put my description in a half a dozen times, all looks ok. Go to preview and a lot of it is all over the place. Whole paragraphs moved around out of sequence, text out of alignment etc. Put it all right again, go to preveiw and yep it's all over the place again.

I had that problem.
    If you know basic HTML, such as <p> <br> and <b>, it's easier to enter it by hand.
    You can go into your My EBid/My Defaults and turn off the WYSIWYG.

yeah - I just wanted to copy and past my ads from Ebay and it looks like crap html is all messed up - too much effort to list

EBID-lister JUST DOES NOT WORK

E-BID have finally come clean and said so

I have suggested that they stop refering to it while it is being fixed ..revamped

Perhaps if more people said the same LOTS of people would be saved a frustrating loss of time trying to use it.

only have one single template like I do for your auctions and select normal html instead of WYSWYG option; then you have to only change a few parameters for you to have a diffeerent auction.

AND save this template in "MyDefaults" so you have it over and over again. Thats why i can list say 10 auctions within about 5mins or less - and not using the bulk lister as at the moment cannot save the template/defaults so you have to keep re-entering them.

Quote Originally Posted by toilet_uk
    only have one single template like I do for your auctions and select normal html instead of WYSWYG option; then you have to only change a few parameters for you to have a diffeerent auction.

AND save this template in "MyDefaults" so you have it over and over again. Thats why i can list say 10 auctions within about 5mins or less - and not using the bulk lister as at the moment cannot save the template/defaults so you have to keep re-entering them.

That's exactly what I do. And, re the signature, I have Firefox ;-) I also have a problem that reviewing my listings, they look a lot different in Firefox compared to IE.. and I refuse to use that nut-bag browser.. but a lot of ppl still do. It even still looks okay in Opera.. just not IE.
    http://uk.three.ebid.net/perl/main.c...rance-Skincare

After a long, long time, I'm baaaaaack!! My stuff: Look at it, it's fantastic.

Hey everyone, thank you for all the clarification on this subject. I have been having the same problem for days now and have not been able to list anything as well. I've been going crazy thinking it was something on my end that I must have screwed up. So given this info what are our options? Do I have to enter all the auctions info by hand in html? If so then this is way too time consuming and I would have to pass on selling until there is a quicker way to list on Ebid. It worked just fine in the begining, what happened? Even though I haven't been able to sell a thing I still like the friendly users and the site sure has potential once is gets a little more exposure.

Thanks again,
    Marc
    Last edited by AudiotronicInnovationS; 27th November 2005 at 07:12 PM.

Lightbulb Try this it should work for you

Quote Originally Posted by Cybergoods
    I don’t know what’s going on but the sell listing editor is not working properly.

I’ve put my description in a half a dozen times, all looks ok. Go to preview and a lot of it is all over the place. Whole paragraphs moved around out of sequence, text out of alignment etc. Put it all right again, go to preveiw and yep it's all over the place again.

Anyone else who seems to be experiencing the same problem I think I found a way around it that seems to be working. Go into your "my ebid" and click on "my auctions". Pick any auction that is running and click on post similiar. When it comes up just make any deletions you may need from the current listing and paste in what you need for the new. This seems to be working for me so far and is quick seeing as I use the same template. Give it a try and let me know how it works for you if you're having the same problems.

Thank you for listening to me rant and rave,

Marc of Audiotronic InnovationS

Thread Information