Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I keep listing?

Question Should I keep listing?

I am wondering if I should keep listing items. I have over 1200 items listed in my store. I have a lot more. I have not sold anything so should I even bother adding more? Is it better to list as BIN or stay with the auction format? Any advice?

http://us.ebid.net/stores/Debbies-Jewels

View TaraCM's Feedback (+410)
    All-About TaraCM
    View TaraCM's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think buyers prefer BIN here.... i'm sure this subject has been brought up before.... and that was the answer

View TaraCM's Feedback (+410)
    All-About TaraCM
    View TaraCM's Listings
    Forum Posts

Your also 'NOT WILLING TO SHIP ABROAD' i think the majority of ebid are english users. The USA site has only been up and running for a little while.
    You may want to try and expand your shipping countries

Wow, that will be a task adding bin to what is already posted, but will give it a shot. how do i go about finding how much shipping should be charged for going international?

Try this...
    http://ircalc.usps.gov/

Probably best to use airmail letter post or economy surface letter post, as the other options are a bit pricey.

ok this is what i did. i deleted all the auctions, went back to my spreadsheets and added international. I have uploaded the new listings about three hours ago and not one of them have posted...I dont remember it taking so long..

Unhappy No traffic!!

Quote Originally Posted by debbiesjewels
    I am wondering if I should keep listing items. I have over 1200 items listed in my store. I have a lot more. I have not sold anything so should I even bother adding more? Is it better to list as BIN or stay with the auction format? Any advice?

Talk about dead!! This site needs some SERIOUS exposure/advertising if it ever hopes to go anywhere. Guess it's ok for the casual auction (hobbiest) , but not the serious seller!!

Quote Originally Posted by AudiotronicInnovationS
    Talk about dead!! This site needs some SERIOUS exposure/advertising if it ever hopes to go anywhere. Guess it's ok for the casual auction (hobbiest) , but not the serious seller!!

you have only been here two weeks,give it a chance

you might do better if you got rid of the 7 DAY 1ST BID OPTION,as your auctions never get to the front pages of your category

Quote Originally Posted by rolfharrisunderpants
    Probably best to use airmail letter post or economy surface letter post, as the other options are a bit pricey.
    I would like to add my 2 cents about this.

International shipments are often delayed and unpredictable, Paypal (and some other online payment processors) require that if a buyer is going to file a claim for non receipt they must do so within 30 days, these two factors put you into a very difficult position.

A customer may request that you send the item economy (4-6 week delivery), then the shipment is delayed by 2 weeks making 8 weeks total that the shipment is going to take. After the 3rd week the item has not been delivered and the buyer gets antsy, because it's "now or never" as far as the claim goes, so they file with paypal.

Paypal will completely ignore the fact that your tracking says that the item is "in transit". Because you do not have proof that the item has been delivered at the time of the claim they will take the money away from you and give it back to the buyer. A few weeks later the buyer receives the item and they have the money, and you are left with nothing.

USPS Global Priority Mail is just as unpredictable. You would be putting yourself in a stronger position if you will ship Global Express Mail (3-5 day delivery) at the buyers expense.

I found this out the hard way. I had 2 orders that shipped out around the time that we had all the hurricanes here in the US (obvoiusly, the postal system was taxed and had delays in this time). The above scenario played out. I lost $350 on one sale and $280 on another.

That said, about half of my business is international and I would agree with anyone that says that you should sell internationally. My business depends heavily on international sales and I don't regret selling that way. But you owe it to yourself to know what can happen and how to prevent it. Your buyers will request that you ship economy, because it's better for them, but it's not better for you.

Quote Originally Posted by sexywolfy
    you have only been here two weeks,give it a chance

you might do better if you got rid of the 7 DAY 1ST BID OPTION,as your auctions never get to the front pages of your category
    Yes exactly...2 weeks and not one single sale? Sorry just not used to this slow of a pace in the auction arena. I will try what you have mentioned though and maybe it may be of help. Still think E-bid needs to get their show on the road and get some heavy duty advertising in the works for sure. Thank you for the input, greatly appreciated Wolfy.

Audiotronic Innovations

Thread Information