Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Buddy points changes: some concerns

View melboy's Feedback (+257)
    All-About melboy
    View melboy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by webby34
    Hi Everyone
    Ive Only Just Noticed That My Buddy Points Has Not Gone Up Over The Last Week Or So.
    I Do A Lot Of Buying And Try To Do Some Selling And Enjoy That,but The Buddy Points Was A Added Bonus For Me,i Havent Got That Many But Enjoyed Watching Them Grow And Was Hoping I Would Have Enough One Day To Buy Something With Them,but That Doesnt Seem Likely Now.
    I Think One Of The Better Things About This Site Compared To Others Was Its Friendly,family Like Group And Also I Think The Little Extra Things Like The Buddy Points Etc.
    Yes Perhaps Try And Stop People That Are Somehow Taking The P**s But Dont Spoil It For Everyone That Just Enjoys That Little Extra Bonus
    Martin
    ......fair comments webby

Some days you're the windscreen..others you're the fly.'ave it!

Quote Originally Posted by webby34
    Hi Everyone
    Ive Only Just Noticed That My Buddy Points Has Not Gone Up Over The Last Week Or So.
    I Do A Lot Of Buying And Try To Do Some Selling And Enjoy That,but The Buddy Points Was A Added Bonus For Me,i Havent Got That Many But Enjoyed Watching Them Grow And Was Hoping I Would Have Enough One Day To Buy Something With Them,but That Doesnt Seem Likely Now.
    I Think One Of The Better Things About This Site Compared To Others Was Its Friendly,family Like Group And Also I Think The Little Extra Things Like The Buddy Points Etc.
    Yes Perhaps Try And Stop People That Are Somehow Taking The P**s But Dont Spoil It For Everyone That Just Enjoys That Little Extra Bonus
    Martin
    No-one are earning buddy points at present.

Be very careful, buying too much on ebid will only get you suspended and all buddy points taken away, it's happens to quite a few of us over the past weeks, it looks like ebid does not approve of people spending their money.

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chanel5
    No-one are earning buddy points at present.

Be very careful, buying too much on ebid will only get you suspended and all buddy points taken away, it's happens to quite a few of us over the past weeks, it looks like ebid does not approve of people spending their money.
    Nope- this isn't correct. 2 - 3 people had their buddy points taken away because they were artificially inflating their points by bidding below the reserve on 'buy it now' auctions.

I am only aware of one case one case - involving two sellers, where EBID got things wrong; we will need to wait until the buddy points system is re launched to see if EBID puts that right. meanwhile I'm sure all EBID sellers would appreciate buyers spending as much as they like!

Hi Does Anyone Know If When They Have Sorted All This Out If We Will Get The Buddy Points Owed To Us Back?
    Martin

View mg1873's Feedback (+51)
    All-About mg1873
    View mg1873's Listings
    Forum Posts

What about starting all over again from scratch ... clean slate for everyone
    New rules - New game!!

(you see, I don't have many points, actually I have yet to earn one full point , so I'm all up for change... lol)

ps. however, the concept can/does give incentive to buy and sell and that can only be good.
    For every minute you're angry, you lose 60 seconds of happiness

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-Corner-Video-Store

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-Corner-Store

Hi, below is part of a thread that i added in response to another persons comments regarding buy now auctions, but the part concerning reserve auctions seems to fit here. If there were no reserve auctions then people couldn't abuse the buddy points system by bidding under the reserve...........
    I have a few buy now auctions & i hadn't thought about your way of looking at this, my auctions sit there for weeks on end with no bids, then occasionally someone comes along & buys it on buy now, i think i've sold 2 items in this way (out of well over a hundred auctions listed). On the other side of the coin if someone bids, the buy now option goes, so it seems fair enough to me.
    I see people selling things with really high p&p, this is what gets my goat, not buy now, but my real pet hate is reserve price auctions, this is what i find to be totally & utterly dishonest, what is the point of them other than to hide the price that you actually want for the item? if a listing is £1, & is something i'm interested in, i open the auction only to find it is 'reserve not met', what a waste of my time. If you are still interested in the item you have to bid again & again, often still not meeting the reserve. NONE of my auctions ever have a reserve price, the price offered is the price i want, if it goes above that, it's a bonus. Please ebid get rid of reserve auctions. Ok that's my little moan, have a good day everyone.
    Regards, Ann. PS, i agree with some earlier comments & i'm a Virgo, honest, reliable, caring, helpful, pedantic, picky, etc etc, lol.

View mg1873's Feedback (+51)
    All-About mg1873
    View mg1873's Listings
    Forum Posts

My understanding od "reserve auctions" is to encourage more participation.
    If you see a BRAND NEW CAMCORDER with a £300 start price, you may never place a bid. However if you see the same item with a £0.99 start, you may think, hey this could be a bargain. And if two or three bidders get "hooked" the £300 Reserve could be met in no time and the item sells.

It's all mind games!!!!
    For every minute you're angry, you lose 60 seconds of happiness

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-Corner-Video-Store

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-Corner-Store

Hi
    I Dont Think You Can Do Away With Reserve Auctions,cos I Think People Just Would Be Worried About Making Enough On Their Items.
    And Not All Bids That Dont Reach The Reserve Are Just To Inflate The Buddy Points,it Could Just Mean Someone Was Trying To Get A Bargin Or The Reserve Was More Than Someone Wanted To Pay.
    It Would Be Easyer Just To Not Reward Buddy Points Untill You Reach The Reserve.
    Martin

blimin heck...i realised a while ago my buddy points werent going up and ive had a load of birthday money to spend so went a bit mad on shopping.....which im still currentley paying for....hope they dont snatch my points away.....i just love shopping.....
    i agree with webby that the buddy points are a bonus and i end up winning most of what i bid on....i shall not be back if they dont reinburse what ive earnt on all the auctions ive won....thats punishing everyone, for the couple of peoples doing

Does anyone know if, when the new system is in place, any qualifying back buddy points will be awarded? I have bought 5 BuyNow auctions over the weekend (whih is my average activity over 3 months!) and am anxious to know whether those will earn me points!

Thread Information