eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Most Haunted... Sceptic or Beliver?

View thisnthatz's Feedback (+31)
    All-About thisnthatz
    View thisnthatz's Listings
    Forum Posts

A good thing for Most Haunted is that is does visit places and provides a history lesson about it.

View earthangel's Feedback (+29)
    All-About earthangel
    View earthangel's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by saleman
    I used to love watching it, but got fed up with the way they used to speed the film up and move it to black and white and judder it. The live shows got boring and drawn out.

As for Evet. She scared the bejesus out of me a few times. Especially when she screamed. She really used to freak out. COOL.
    The techniques you cite are one of the reasons I dislike Most Haunted. The constant switching to b/w and the effects are infantile and only detract from what is supposed to be a serious subject.

And the constant screaming and running away whenever something possibly paranormal manifests says it all regarding the credentials of the investigators. No serious researcher would contantly react in that way. Overall, the programme is just too silly.
    Please visit my eBid stores
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Elandale
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Chapter-One-Collectables

"Military men are dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns for foreign policy" - Henry Kissinger

Quote Originally Posted by traceymole
    I'm a total believer in the spiritual side, i used to attend regular spiritualist meetings, where various mediums talked and gave demonstrations of all forms of "mediumship" from clairvoyancy to spiritual art etc.

As to "most haunted", i believe it should be classed as a light entertainment programme, as im very sceptical as to what if anything paranormal is actually aired.I'm not saying there has been nil ghosts etc, but all the jazzing up in film techniques just leads you to believe there is actually more going on than there has been.
    As to derek Acorah, ive seen probably 100's of mediums at work, and each one has an individual style of work, they import their personalities into their work, so i don't personally know enough of derek to comment whether he's fake or not, i'd say at this time until im proved wrong, he's genuine from seeing him on other shows and just looking at his history and long career as a medium, so whether he "embellishes" his messages for the camera.....jurys out on that one.
    You hit it right on the head Tracey!! Thats what I meant to say, but you did it better!!

Maybe the programme would be more believable if the presenters where ? Derek & co ... ( spesh the woman ) come across as the BIGGEST fakes & fraudsters since time bagan.

I really cant stand them.

Switch them for a genuine medium and a more likeable crew and i may say something totaly different.
    But for now ........... YEE GADS!

View sweetmimi's Feedback (+522)
    All-About sweetmimi
    View sweetmimi's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think that he is a good medium in his own right, but he fakes a lot on this programme and it is becoming very silly now.
    Someone told him about the name of a person that had died at one of the sites and it was an anogram of his name PML He then went on to be possessed by this spirit Its just gone over the top now if you ask me and its not doing his rep much good either.

View shelleywelley's Feedback (+391)
    All-About shelleywelley
    View shelleywelley's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't watch Most Haunted but I do believe in the Paranormal. Lots of strange things happen to me. My friends mum regularly attends spiritualist meetings and was told I attract them wtf that means?

I also believe my daughter who died when I was 24 weeks pregnant regularly visits her twin brother as he tells me about dreams he has where he is playing with this little girl. He said she was lost but now found, he is only 5 and has no idea he had a twin.

Quote Originally Posted by shelleywelley
    I also believe my daughter who died when I was 24 weeks pregnant regularly visits her twin brother as he tells me about dreams he has where he is playing with this little girl. He said she was lost but now found, he is only 5 and has no idea he had a twin.
    Sorry to hear about your daughter, Shelley. It's stories like yours that give me food for thought. So many strange things happen, there's got to be something, right?

My dad died last November. A week later (to the day) his slightly older sister died - they had always been quite close.
    I went to Fleetwood for the funeral, met my cousin for the first time in...
    Anyway. Heard from a friend back in the old home town that my uncle died last week (same day as my dad & aunt!). We'd lost all contact with him, in fact nobody had heard a thing for a year or two.
    Phoned my cousin who was, naturally, a bit upset - like me, still getting over our loss.

Anyway. She was telling me she went on a girly night out with some women from work. The pub they went in had one of these spiritualist types having a session & she thought it would be harmless enough so went in.
    Of course, it was all the usual "I have somebody here who wishes to speak with Jack..."
    Towards the end of the evening, she said about a woman, recently reunited with her hubby. She was feeling much better & happier now - and mentioned a few ailments that had gone since passing... Stuff you can apply to anybody.
    but the best was when she said "don't worry squirt, Minty & Barry are here & we're taking gin for a run in Bluebell woods"

So.
    How would a spiritualist in a little pub in Fleetwood know...
    My uncle's pet name for my cousin was squirt
    His pet name for my aunt was Minty
    they had a dog called gin
    their son - Barry- died many years ago in an accident
    and 60-odd years ago my uncle and aunt did their courting in bluebell woods - in a town the best part of 100 miles away!

My cousin did say that since hearing that, she has felt a lot better within herself & was always sceptical about these things but now is a firm believer.

BTW, only watched most haunted once - don't like the way everything's done in darkness with night vision cameras so haven't watched it since.
    Last edited by sludgeguts; 3rd April 2006 at 11:28 PM.
    Nowt here so don't bother looking

SEARCHING for ET

Quote Originally Posted by sludgeguts
    My dad died last November. A week later (to the day) his slightly older sister died - they had always been quite close.
    I went to Fleetwood for the funeral, met my cousin for the first time in...
    Anyway. Heard from a friend back in the old home town that my uncle died last week (same day as my dad & aunt!). We'd lost all contact with him, in fact nobody had heard a thing for a year or two.
    Phoned my cousin who was, naturally, a bit upset - like me, still getting over our loss.

Anyway. She was telling me she went on a girly night out with some women from work. The pub they went in had one of these spiritualist types having a session & she thought it would be harmless enough so went in.
    Of course, it was all the usual "I have somebody here who wishes to speak with Jack..."
    Towards the end of the evening, she said about a woman, recently reunited with her hubby. She was feeling much better & happier now - and mentioned a few ailments that had gone since passing... Stuff you can apply to anybody.
    but the best was when she said "don't worry squirt, Minty & Barry are here & we're taking gin for a run in Bluebell woods"

So.
    How would a spiritualist in a little pub in Fleetwood know...
    My uncle's pet name for my cousin was squirt
    His pet name for my aunt was Minty
    they had a dog called gin
    their son - Barry- died many years ago in an accident
    and 60-odd years ago my uncle and aunt did their courting in bluebell woods - in a town the best part of 100 miles away!

My cousin did say that since hearing that, she has felt a lot better within herself & was always sceptical about these things but now is a firm believer.

BTW, only watched most haunted once - don't like the way everything's done in darkness with night vision cameras so haven't watched it since.
    certainly would make me wonder/believe

Thread Information