Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Saddest Story Ever

View thisnthatz's Feedback (+31)
    All-About thisnthatz
    View thisnthatz's Listings
    Forum Posts

Totaly agree with you. A question that should be asked though, is why the Council had not found her sooner.

Oh that's hearbreaking. The unopened Christmas presents are so poignant. What with her, and the woman who died on the sofa; don't their families care?

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sad that in that length of time her sisters or some other family member never found her.

I am so thankful for my caring family.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

Part of her rent was paid by ther DSS, so the Council just thought she was in arrears with her part of the rent. In the old days the rent man used to come round each week , and a nonpayer, or signs that mail was building up, would have alerted the council sooner.
    It's easy to go missing now if you don't have close family or friends. Benefits are paid into Bank Accounts, and the DSS doesn't know if you spend it or not whereas the lady at the Post Office might probably miss a regular customer and ask around. Bills paid by Direct Debit mean you don't have to go in to the Council Offices and pay the Council Tax either.
    My money comes into my account, and all my bills get paid without me lifting a finger. I could be dead for all anyone would know if I didn't have family looking out for me.
    I recently was out in the garden when my daughter rang. Normally I take the phone out with me, but this time I forgot, and my mobile was indoors in my handbag. Getting no answer from either phone, she arrived on my doorstep in 15 minutes, and I got a right earful for worrying her. 18 months ago I fell in the garden twice in three days, and dislocated my left shoulder, then my right shoulder and elbow., so I should make a point of taking the phone.

Thread Information